The Courtesy Officer is responsible to patrol the property four times each evening five (5) days per week as scheduled by the General Manager. The Courtesy Officer ensures a safe environment is maintained and reminds guests of policies and procedures of the property. The Officer must be able to establish good communication and professional working relationships when dealing with guests. The Courtesy Officer is required to live on property during the term of employment and is required to be on call five (5) days a week from 11:00PM to 7:00AM. The Courtesy Officer is required to complete one thorough inspection of the property between the hours of 11:00PM 7:00AM, five (5) days per week and conduct three additional inspections during the shift. Total hours actually worked throughout shift must be recorded in the time and attendance system. Recommended times to patrol the property is 11PM, 2AM, and 6AM. The shift starts at 10:45PM to obtain shift briefing of closing Front Desk agent and reports necessary to complete shift.
- Help maintain the grounds from litter and debris by removing litter and debris from the grounds. Effective at listening to, understanding and clarifying the concerns and issues by guest.
- Maintain a high standard of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing proper uniform and nametags while working.
- Arrive to work when scheduled, be alert for overnight shift.
- Be familiar and maintain Westmont Standards and Respond to guest complaints and/or concerns in a professional and courteous manner both in person and on the phone, including but not limited to resolving housekeeping and engineering
- Report any shortage of forms or supplies to the Hotel Manager Watch for suspicious persons entering, exiting, or loitering around the building and/or rooms.
- Follow the procedure that is explained to you by the Hotel Manager on how to handle these individuals. Conduct walk through observations of entire hotel and document observations on daily security report. Maintain ongoing and current knowledge of emergency procedures. Investigate accidents, thefts, property loss and unlawful activities.
- Document details and advise management. Document medically treated and non-treated injuries. Respond and react to disturbances affecting guests and hotel staff according to hotel procedures
- Follow written and verbal instruction. Operate a portable radio or other communication devices. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- High school diploma preferred. Any combination of