Highgate is a premier real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in U.S. gateway markets including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu. Highgate also has an expanding presence in key European markets through properties in London, Paris, Barcelona, Vienna and Prague. Highgate's portfolio of global properties represents an aggregate asset value exceeding $10B and generates over $2B in cumulative revenues. The company provides expert guidance through all stages of the hospitality property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate also has the creativity and bandwidth to develop bespoke hotel brands and utilizes industry leading proprietary revenue management tools that identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive out performance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the industry's most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in London, New York, Dallas, and Seattle. LocationEmployment Status
The Corporate Assistant Ownership Controller reports to the Corporate Ownership Controllers and is responsible for preparing the financial information for assigned ownership entities under the direction and review by the Corporate Ownership Controllers. The position is responsible for assisting the Corporate Ownership Controllers in all aspects of financial management, financial control, accounting and financial reporting for a portfolio of assigned hotel ownership entities. The Corporate Assistant Ownership Controller's responsibilities include, but are not limited to, timely, responsive and accurate completion of the following duties. Responsibilities
- Assist the Corporate Ownership Controllers with the understanding and compliance with all corporate, partnership, debt and other contractual documents for all assigned ownership entities.
- Timely preparation of monthly financial statements for assigned entities including corporate consolidation and reporting of assigned hotel properties and ownership entities under the direction and review by the Corporate Ownership Controllers.
- Posting certain ownership entity monthly journal entries as necessary under the direction of the Corporate Ownership Controllers.
- Posting all cash entries on a timely basis (daily if applicable) for ownership entities under the direction of the Corporate Ownership Controllers.
- Assisting the Corporate Ownership Controllers with the management of debt, construction and other financing and capital transactions as well as assisting the Corporate Ownership Controllers with determining and documenting the appropriate accounting treatment for such transactions based on research performed (as requested by the Corporate Ownership Controllers) for review and consultation with the Corporate Ownership Controllers.
- Assist the Corporate Ownership Controllers with the monitoring of consolidated operations, cash flow and operating forecasts of assigned entities
- Preparation of certain monthly bank reconciliations and G/L reconciliations for assigned ownership entities for review by the Corporate Ownership Controllers.
- Processing of certain disbursements, including those related to construction draws. Monitoring of construction and other capital reimbursements from certain restricted cash accounts ensuring such reimbursements are completed on a timely basis.
- Involvement with insurance and property tax administration of assigned hotel properties under the direction of the Corporate Ownership Controllers.
- Assist the Corporate Ownership Controllers with the successful completion of internal and external financial audits, including assistance under the direction of the Corporate Ownership Controllers with the coordination of work with CPA firms, as well as preparing information related to ownership and consolidated financial statements with footnotes requested by auditors on a timely basis and submission of such information to the Corporate Ownership Controllers for review.
- Preparation of any special reports, statements, etc., as requested
- Other special projects and responsibilities as assigned