In less than 2 minutes, get your
Personal Score for every job
The Cooking School Director is responsible for managing the daily and long term operations of the Cooking School department, maximizing profitability and exceeding guest expectations. The Cooking School Director is an ambassador for promoting Cavallo Point’s Cooking School within the lodge, our local and extended communities.
1. Responsible for directing day-to-day operations of cooking school including teaching private parties and private corporate cooking classes, leading the cooking school department, overall curriculum and program development, vendor relations, kitchen employee training and management, special event operations, and evaluation.
2. Responsible for driving culinary instruction at Cavallo Point’s Cooking School including teaching a variety of courses each month.
3. Responsible for evaluating Food and Beverage Trends and being able to react by promoting these trends within the operation, keeping us ahead of the competition.
4. Works closely and alongside the Executive Chef in the planning and execution of all Culinary School, Special Events and Lodge business.
5. Responsible for maximizing revenue and minimizing costs.
6. Managing inventory of food within budgetary goals.
7. Responsible for development of revenue enhancement ideas associated with the Lodge, Events Center with the entire culinary department.
8. Responsible for all maintenance of kitchen operation equipment within budgetary goals.
9. Responsible for compiling all food inventories on a monthly basis.
10. Responsible for cost control in both labor and product.
11. Responsible for all labor scheduling of culinary staff for all aspects of the operation.
12. Responsible for developing and maintaining the highest level of service standards
13. Development and administration of the department budget.
14. Hire, train, and manage all Cooking School Department staff as needed.
15. Execute a 5 day training schedule for all new staff
16. Schedules staff according to business needs, special functions, and budget
17. Know and maintain labor expenses to within budget and follows up on any discrepancies daily
18. Maintain par levels of essential supplies, working with the Executive Chef to establish purchasing protocols
19. Effectively communicate with Human Resources, Executive Chef on all staff related issues. i.e. resignations, disciplinary actions, mandated meetings
20. Maintain all employee files with 90 day and yearly reviews
21. Holds monthly staff meetings for the entire department
22. Developing management reports with weekly meetings and action plans for banquets
23. Maintain superior service levels and ongoing education of all staff
24. Follow up on all “less than expected” reviews on Market Metrix with server and managers
25. Maintain cleanliness, efficiency, working conditions and organization of all areas of the Cooking School.
29. Attends and participates in departmental meetings, leadership meetings, BEO’s meetings, and hotel employee’s functions
30. Assists other F&B departments when needed demonstrating team work within all F&B division.
31. Proficient with Paychex to approve vacation, sick time, and time cards, payroll.
32. Ensures meal breaks and rest breaks are taken appropriately and according the law and CP policy.
33. Processes and turns in payroll timely
34. Embraces Cavallo Point’s Approachable Luxury Philosophy Card and Culture, inspiring the employees to follow and embrace our values and goals
35. Reviews P&L reports as it pertains to the Cooking School
ESSENTIAL WORK SKILLS:
1. Maintaining quality of the guest experience for both the Cooking School and Lodge.
2. Ensure that the department meets the financial goals of the Cooking School and Lodge.
3. Experienced in culinary instruction.
4. Five years experience in multi-operation hospitality management environment.
5. Experienced in customer service and/or event management is preferred.
6. Experienced in catering and off-site catering.
7. Culinary degree required.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Advanced culinary skills.
2. Proven leadership skills.
3. Excellent communication skills.
4. Comprehensive understanding of budgeting, financial analysis, management skills, cost control.
5. Interviewing and training skills; development of personnel.
6. Strong customer service skills.
7. Flexible schedule to accommodate hospitality schedules including some weekends, holidays and evenings.
|Address||601 Murray Circle, Sausalito, CA, 94965 View map|