"For Internal applicants, the Internal posting period for this position is 03/13/2021 through 03/20/2021."
This position is the second level in a professional kitchen. The culinarian should have advance knowledge, understanding and application of knife skills and cooking techniques. This position must have basic understanding and knowledge of inventory control, requisitions, and par levels. The Cook IV must be able to assist in the direction, and training of General Cooks in daily task. The Cook IV should be able to work all line stations of assigned meal period plus have solid knowledge of other shift stations assignments and have basic understanding of other cooking areas. The Cook IV needs to posses a positive attitude with a professional appearance and demeanor.Job Functions:
- Produce consistent food products while following recipes with reduced supervision and direction from the chef's, while maintaining quality standards.
- Exhibit an advanced knowledge, understanding and application of knife skills and cooking techniques.
- Identify and safely use all kitchen equipment.
- Properly label, date and rotate all products to ensure safe keeping and sanitation.
- Maintain an organized, clean and sanitary station/work area in accordance with Health Department/ServSafe standards.
- Assist, train and direct culinary interns, general cooks and cook IV's in daily tasks.
- Able to work all stations in your designated shift to include but not limited to Garde Manager, A la Carte Hot Line, Banquets, etc.
- Basic understanding and knowledge of inventory control, requisitions, and par levels.
- Performs other job related duties as required, to include nightly food requisitions from the butcher/storeroom and prep lists, etc