This is the job description for CONVENTION SERVICES MANAGER
Job Title: Convention Services Manager
Company: Dimension Development
Reports To: Director of Catering
Job Purpose: This position is responsible for developing catering accounts, as sold, and former clients for the purpose of achieving assigned catering and associated room revenue goals as established in the hotel B-Plan. Additionally, this position is responsible for managing convention services to ensure a high degree of customer satisfaction, generate increased revenues, expand market share and nurture return business.
1. Act as onsite contact for all assigned groups, as well as working with the customer to produce BEO's and
Convention Resumes. Ensures that all special arrangements - Food and Beverage, Audio Visual, and other
requests are properly documented on BEO's and signed by authorized representative.
2. Ensures timely distribution of all BEO's and Resumes to the appropriate departments and follows up on any
3. Maintains detailed files, notes, records, and trace systems to ensure event meets with customer expectations.
4. Verifies space requirements and meeting room set-up with the client, and ensures that public space needed is
properly maintained and in good condition.
5. Confirms revisions in agendas, room blocks, etc. and notifies corresponding departments in a timely manner.
6. Finalizes the program/agenda with client and checks all scheduled functions one hour prior to start time.
7. Reviews event sheets and works with appropriate departments to ensure quality and satisfaction.
8. Maintains positive guest and employee relations through prompt, precise, and courteous communication.
9. Other duties as assigned.
1. Have computer skills to include word processing, spreadsheet, and familiarity with brand specific property
2. Exercise excellent communication, presentation, organization, time management and listening skills.
3. Use analytical skills for measuring business potential and value to the hotel.
4. Interact with all levels of customers and hotel management.
Education: Bachelor's degree in business administration or sales and marketing preferred
Experience: Minimum 3 years banquet or meeting planner experience; OR, equivalent combination of education
Physical Requirements and working conditions:
Ability to speak and hear in English. Close and distance vision. Frequent sitting with some walking and standing. Frequently lifts/carries up to 10 lbs. Continual use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills. Continually works in normal office conditions and in close proximity to others.
Additional physical, visual and working requirements:
X Outdoor weather conditions
X Walk extended distances
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the requirements of the job, management reserves the right to add or remove duties from particular jobs when business need dictates.