Position at Cascades Casino Job Type: Full-TimeThe Gateway to Your Future
If you are driven by results, love a challenge and are experienced in managing large or multiple sites as a Controller then Gateway is the place for you to make a difference.
The Controller leads the Casino's accounting team and controls all financial aspects of the Casino, including accounting, budgeting, forecasting, cash management and monthly financial reporting. The incumbent provides advice to department managers and senior management for financial and related business aspects of the operation.We Provide
- Full benefits package for full-time employees
- Retirement savings plan
- Exciting, supportive and fun work environment
- Family and friends discounts on travel, tech, food, beverage, and fitness
- Development and training opportunities
What You Bring
- Manages the casino reporting and revenue collection and remittance system to ensure compliance with governing legislation and regulations.
- Coordinates annual budget process. Manages and accounts for casino expenditures and disbursements within the scope of established budgetary cost control processes and governing company policies.
- Ensures integrity of inventory records of food and beverage costs and sales consumption.
- Completes and provides accurate monthly and year-end financial reporting packages to various stakeholders
- Institutes and maintains local accounting controls, a system of internal checks, and effective on-site document and systems storage to ensure confidentiality and orderly filing.
- Advises senior management and department managers on financial aspects of the operation and performs related required administration functions.
- Liaises with external auditors, manages preparation of audit documentation and other audit information gathering, verification, reconciliation, and reporting requirements.
- Manages the performance of direct reports including: training, appraising performance, providing positive and corrective feedback, coaching, and administering discipline. Provides technical and procedural supervision of other roles as required.
Why Work With Us?
- Three to Five years' experience as a Controller in a high volume large or medium sized organization and/or equivalent combination of related education and experience
- CPA, CGA, CMA or CA preferred
- Expert knowledge of accounting and financial theories, IFRS, tax, and applicable legislation
- Excellent analytical skills to perform budget, trend, ratio and cost/benefit analyses
- Advanced level MS Excel skills, strong knowledge of Great Plains and other software as they relate to a finance position
- Knowledge in labor costs preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Gateway celebrates and empowers our team members, who make it all possible. A career at Gateway means working with great people, being recognized for your unique contribution and career advancement opportunities across our 27 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs while working in a dynamic and fun environment. See for yourself what it's like to be on a team that values your vision, skill and energy.Get to Know Gateway
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited ("Gateway") is one of the largest and most diversified gaming and entertainment companies in Canada. Across its 27 gaming properties in British Columbia, Ontario and Edmonton, Alberta, Gateway currently employs approximately 8,648 people and boasts approximately 448 table games (including 49 poker tables), 13,887 slots, 85 restaurants and bars and 561 hotel rooms. Gateway is the service provider for the Central, Southwest and North gaming Bundles in Ontario, which includes 11 properties in their portfolio. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, dramatically improving the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. Some of Gateway's proprietary brands include Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley's Club. In 2017, Gateway celebrated 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada. The Gateway to Your Future starts with us.
Further information is available at www.gatewaycasinos.com
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages! LinkedinFacebook
Gateway is a proud equal opportunity employer and dedicates itself to Respect, Integrity, Team-Work and Exceptional Customer Service. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free candidate experience and work environment. If you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.