Sage Hospitality Group is set to hire a Complex Director of Revenue Management
for the C. Baldwin Hotel located in Houston Texas and Sheraton Austin Hotel at the Capitol, located in Austin Texas. A successful candidate will have Marriott & Hilton experience.
As part of Sage Hospitality Group, we passionately strive to be the best and create excellence in everything we do. We believe in enriching lives one experience at a time. More than a slogan, we empower our employees to make positive impacts on the communities in which we live and work. By providing genuine service we build relationships with our guests and value for our shareholders, and we create unforgettable experiences.
We are looking for independent thinkers. Those who harness their entrepreneurial spirit so that it breaks preconceived notions. We're not afraid to forge our own path. After all, it's what industry leaders do. That's why we welcome risk takers and creative spirits alike. No matter your daily role, Sage recognizes that your success is about more than the work you do-it's really about who you are, which is why we invest in your personal and professional growth. We hope you consider joining us!Job Overview
The Area Director of Revenue Management is responsible for the maximization of revenue, profit, and market share associated with rooms and function space for multiple hotels. Demonstrates excellent leadership skills by educating others and ensures understanding and gains buy-in of the revenue management processes associated with demand, revenue, forecasting, opportunity analysis, and inventory management. Works with hotel leaders to recommend and identify future markets, hotel opportunities, guide hotels sales strategy and pricing for transient, group, and catering.Responsibilities
- Maximizes revenue, profit, and market share associated with rooms and function space of assigned hotels.
- Partners with GMs' and Sales Leaders' to ensure a strategic mix of business and pricing strategies are set based on market conditions to achieve sell out efficiency, targeted marketing, maximized revenue, profitability and Annual Budget/Business Plans are aligned.
- Effectively works with people, creating teamwork, taking charge, generating enthusiasm, motivating and using an uplifting and lead-by-example leadership approach.
- Ensure sales training is provided to Front Office and Reservation associates.
- Continuous analysis of competitive set, price positioning, seasonality and mix.
- Use all Yield Management tools available to maximize efforts. Develop appropriate selling strategies to include recommendations on rate, arrival patterns, length of stay, and discount rate availability.
- Manage property participation and production through relevant Internet sites and other distribution channels (CRO, GDS, ADS, and Travel Agency Consortiums).
- Build/maintain relationships w/OTA Market Managers and ensure best representation on 3rd party web sites.
- Develop monthly room's revenue forecast to be accurate within 5%.
- Review & analysis of Online Reputation management tool and online marketing analytics.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
- Direct Reports Where Applicable: Group Coordinator, Reservations Sales Agents, Inventory Manager or Sales Reporting & System Analyst.
Four year degree preferred.Experience
3-5 years of Revenue Management experience required. Multi-property experience preferred, but not required.Knowledge/Skills
- Excellent knowledge of transient, group, and catering customer segments.
- Excellent personal management skills; time management, meeting deadlines, effective communication and presentations skills.
- Excellent understanding of total hotel revenue management concepts, processes, and systems.
- Understands both Brand strategies and cultures.
- Knowledge of advanced revenue management techniques.
- Must be extremely confidential and able to manage sensitive and confidential situations tactfully.
- Negotiate, convince, sell and influence professionals and or associates.
- Ability to work under pressure and have the ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent reading and effective writing abilities for completing paperwork and management reports, giving and receiving instructions, review and preparation of all documentation and training
- Excellent mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent hearing required to discern/resolve employee complaints, issues and participation in meetings for feedback.
- Excellent vision required - 100% in review preparation of all documentation - applications, write-ups, reviews.
- Sitting 85%, Walking 5%, Standing 5%, bending, kneeling, lifting, climbing 5%
- Travel - 30-50% travel to hotel properties required.
Prolonged sitting throughout entire shift at computerized workstation in office environment.Benefits
- Eligible to participate in Sage bonus plan
- Unlimited paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Great discounts on Hotels, Restaurants, and much more
- Eligible to participate in the Employee Referral Bonus Program