Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands, legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas, London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com . Location
As the largest smoke-free, non-gaming hotel in Las Vegas, the 548-room Renaissance is a fresh, welcoming alternative for business and leisure travelers. Sleek and stylish, the hotel delivers modern design and sophisticated details throughout their guest rooms, social venues and the signature restaurant, ENVY Steakhouse. The hotel offers exciting programming including 50-minute fitness classes, Kona Craft Beer, and an in-room amenity upon arrival, all complimentary to the guest.Employment Status
The Complex Assistant Director of Finance is responsible for providing consistent leadership within the market finance office by supplying the accounting staff with guidance and training. He/she is also responsible for focusing on the profitability of the business, maintaining accurate and timely financial reporting, ensuring acceptable levels on internal control, ensuring compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations, and safeguarding owners/investors assets.Responsibilities
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Communicates the strategic goals, and the owner priorities to subordinates in a clear and precise manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
- Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- A minimum of 7 years of progressive experience in hotel Accounting or related field; or a 4-year college degree with an Accounting/Finance concentration and a minimum of 3 years of related progressive experience; or a 2-year college degree and a minimum of 5 years of related progressive experience.
- Must be proficient in Windows, Oracle, and Microsoft Office
- Physical Requirements:
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Sedentary work, exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently, or constantly, to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
◦Assist Area Director of Finance in timely preparation of monthly financial statements for all properties within the market cluster.
◦Prepare, monitor, and accurately record property revenues daily by reviewing the Income Journal. Identify all variances to budget and last year.
◦Monitoring and control of hotel operations, cash flow and operating forecasts for each property
◦Under guidance of Area Director of Finance, maintain timely interaction with property Department Heads to assure that all property operations are on track and under control at all times
◦Preparation of monthly bank reconciliations and general ledger account reconciliations for all properties
◦Supervision of market accounting department staff
◦Compliance with Highgate Accounting Policies and Procedures and internal controls for our finance and accounting operations
◦Effectively manage and communicate issues related to management of receivables, payables, daily cash balances, and timely deposits of all funds.
◦Monitor all hotel revenues and expenses and ensure the accurate recording in accordance with Highgate Hotel's established guidelines. Investigate and critique variances to budget or to prior year and offer practical improvement methodologies to management.
◦Analyze financial data and operations in order to assist the Area Director of Finance and advise Department Heads in maintaining the individual property's financial objectives.
◦With supervision of Area Director of Finance, hire, train, supervise and develop staff, including coaching, counseling and discipline.
◦Preparation of any special reports, statements, etc., as requested.
◦ Must be able to prioritize regional, or hotel, or departmental functions in order to meet all deadlines.
◦Ensure hotels' compliance on all regulatory licenses and permits, leases, contracts, legal agreements, and the proper execution of all operational taxes. Provide assistance to management in enforcing compliance on all these items