The Management Trust
Position Title: Community Association Manager (Onsite)
Location: SeaTac, WA at Wedgewood Manor
Reporting To: Division Association Vice President of Community Management (Tacoma)
Status: Exempt, Full-Time
The Management Trust is a community association management company. We believe that building and maintaining a community takes more than just hammers and nails. It takes integrity, trust, experience, and support. Our success is based on the belief that effective management anticipates our clients’ needs, not merely reacts to them. We are a company of creative and committed individuals driven by grand aspirations and are proud to be the only 100% employee-owned community management firm in the nation. Our Employee Owners are encouraged to actively participate in growing our business by helping define best practices every day. It is in this spirit that we encourage you to explore this opportunity to join The Management Trust team.
EMPLOYEE OWNER POSITION PURPOSE:
The On-site Property Manager is responsible for both; providing management services in compliance with terms of the management contract and oversight of the maintenance team. This role oversees a team of Maintenance Technician(s) and works collaboratively with the Board of Directors and homeowners to proactively address needs and deliver superior internal and external customer service.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Association Management:
- Guide, assist, and recommend a course of action for Board members to conduct business using Leadership Management (proactive planning)
- Provide management services in compliance with the terms of the management contract
- Assist Board and homeowners with problem resolution
- Provide fiscal management, including, but not limited to: reviewing and approving invoices, coordinating tax preparation and reserve study updates, and reviewing completed financial statements for accuracy prior to distributing to the Board each month
- Conduct site reviews and provide oversight of related compliance matters
- Review and submit requests for vendor bids and contracted services
- Attend association meetings, including, but not limited to: annual, and Board
- Prepare Board packets, agendas, and calendars in preparation for scheduled and unscheduled meetings
- Communicate in-person, via telephone, and/or email to Board members, homeowners, and vendors regarding community business in a timely manner
- Maintain current knowledge of governing documents, applicable state statutes, and local ordinances that apply to each assigned community
- Oversee all aspects of the client’s relationship with our Company to ensure success and retention
- Work independently, with little oversight, and with accountability to Division Leadership for the end result achieved
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and ownership mentality; we believe each employee can build his/her own future
- Oversee the approved projects from the Board and hold onsite check-in meetings (during business hours) for large scale projects to ensure the projects are being completed timely and within budget.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- Maintenance Management:
- Oversee the Maintenance Technician team including, but not limited to: providing direction, training, ensuring resources are available, and communicating effectively about performance
- Conduct regular safety inspections and quality assessments, initiate responses to emergency situations as needed, and maintain records of incidents in partnership with Security Company
- Maintain current roster of cabana use applications, fees, refunds, inspections, and waiting lists as required and save in the Company database.
- Oversee Maintenance Tech in the daily patrol of building exteriors, interiors, pool, and parking lots; perform litter and debris control (including pet areas); note safety, maintenance, and compliance issues and report them to Board in the monthly reports for the Board meetings.
- Maintain general inventory and arrange service of all operating equipment such as security systems, alarms, elevators, fans, pumps, automatic sprinkler systems, hand tools, and power equipment
- High School Diploma (or equivalent); Associate’s Degree preferred
- Proficiency in residential management – with generally between 4-5 years of experience
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word; intermediate skills a plus
- Conflict resolution skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and address time-sensitive issues
- Superior multi-tasking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to provide high-level customer service with astute attention to detail and organization
- Must be a team player
- Ability to manage workflow amid shifting priorities
- Willing to learn Company process and procedures, and learn/use proprietary software
- Adaptable and dependable with a solid attendance record
- Professional and respectful demeanor with all internal and external customers at all times
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have reliable transportation for travel onsite and off as required
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license, vehicle insurance, and driving record in compliance with Company policy
- Use standard office equipment, including: computer, phone, copier/scanner, etc.
- Use standard maintenance equipment, including: vehicles, power equipment, hand tools, etc.
- Be stationary or in motion for periods of time
- Relocate up to (50) pounds
SUPERVISES OTHERS? IF SO, LIST:
- Maintenance Technician(s)
SCHEDULE & TRAVEL:
- Monday-Friday from approx. 8:00 am-5:00 pm
- This position may require occasional long hours to meet business needs, including being available for emergency needs
The Management Trust is an Equal Opportunity employer. We celebrate and support diversity.
TMT reserves the right to modify this job description at any time based on business need.