This is the job description for COFFEE SHOP/PASTRY ATTENDANT.
Job Title: Coffee Shop Attendant
Department: Food & Beverage
Company: Dimension Development
Reports To: F&B Supervisor, F&B Manager
Job Purpose: To sell products provided in the gift shop area as well as provide food and beverage items in the Coffee shop. Provide high quality guest service and demonstrates outstanding interpersonal relations.
1. Informs customers about the available food, beverage, and gift shop items available in the Coffee shop and
provides customers with information about the hotel.
2. Prepares specialty coffee drinks in accordance with established recipes. Operates Coffee shop equipment
according to proper procedures.
3. Maintains a neat and clean environment in the Coffee shop. Cleans equipment, displays, floors, etc. as per SOP
for daily cleaning program.
4. Straightens/refreshes/restocks merchandise and food displays to maintain a "fresh" look in the Coffee shop.
5. Close and open Coffee shop on time with proper setup for the day and proper closing procedure for the evening.
6. Completes all sales through the Micros system, processes transactions in accordance with established
accounting procedures ensuring proper cash handling, and is responsible for a cash drawer.
7. Assists with managing inventory by monitoring stocks and working with management to place orders.
8. Accounts for all cash and secures money drops in accordance with hotel and company policies.
9. Knows and complies with all company policies and procedures pertaining to this position and its duties.
10. Other duties as assigned.
1. Carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form. Deal with problems involving several
variables. Ability to balance cash drawer and exercise math and basic accounting skills.
2. Read and understand instructions, safety rules, etc. Write reports with proper format, punctuation, spelling, and
grammar, using all parts of speech. Speak with poise, voice control, and confidence, using correct English and
3. Transcribing, entering, or posting data; talking with and/or signaling people to convey or exchange information,
including giving assignments and or directions to helpers or assistants.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent education required
Experience: Retail and/or customer service experience preferred. Café or barista experience preferred 3-6
months related experience and/or training.
Licenses/Certifications: None required
Physical Requirements and working conditions:
Ability to speak and hear in English. Close and distance vision. Frequently lifts/carries up to 25 lbs. Continual use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills.
Additional physical, visual and working requirements:
X Stand for long periods of time
X Walk extended distances
X Lift/carry 6-25 lbs.
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the requirements of the job, management reserves the right to add or remove duties from particular jobs when business need dictates.