Hotel Equities, one of the top hotel owner, developer, and management companies in the industry, is seeking a remarkable Chief Engineer for our newest luxury boutique hotel, The Kimpton Goodland in Fort Lauderdale, FL. Opening in Q2 2021, this South Florida gem will be an incredible addition to our rapidly growing life-style portfolio. We offer an award-winning culture and a unique environment that empowers our team to exceed guests' expectations and make a distinct difference in people's lives.
The Chief Engineer is responsible for maintaining the overall operation of the maintenance department and the appearance and working order of the hotel. Furthermore, the Chief Engineer will be responsible for the administration of the company's maintenance and life safety programs to include purchasing, preventative maintenance, equipment repairs, hotel security and life safety and supervision of the maintenance department.
**Please note that this job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all functions that a Chief Engineer will be responsible for.
- Candidates for Chief Engineer must have a minimum of 1 years hotel maintenance experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior knowledge of and experience in mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC and related areas required.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Ability to lead others.
- Ability to manage others virtually.
- Ability to read, write and speak English with excellent grammar and communication skills (written and verbal).
All candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment drug screening and background check.EOE/DFW