The Marriott Park Ridge is seeking a Chief Engineer to join their positive and talented team! Conveniently located a short distance from Woodcliff Lake, Nyack, The Outlets at Bergen Town Center and the bustle of New York City, the Marriott Park Ridge boasts 289 rooms, 18,000+ sq. ft. of event space and two restaurants on-site.
Job Overview: To maintain the entire hotel facility, including physical building structure, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems and related equipment in accordance with energy conservation and preventative maintenance programs. Ensure the upkeep of guest areas to maintain an attractive hotel. Participate in management of all rehabilitation, expansion, and special projects.
Responsibilities and Duties:
* Conduct walk-through and visually assess the safe and efficient maintenance and operation of the physical structure(s) of the hotel, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems and any other related equipment.
* Completion of all routine maintenance on public spaces, meeting rooms, outlets, back of the house spaces and grounds. Assigns and verifies completion of all repairs, replacement, and renovation projects to offices and employee work areas.
* Adheres to all corporate required purchasing policies and controls, to include all outside contractor bids, budgets and schedules.
* Maintains effective energy management and preventative maintenance programs, conducting special training for other operating departments on the safe and effective use of equipment and energy in the hotel.
* Informs the General Manager and hotel department heads, on a regular basis, regarding the specific and overall condition of the building structure(s), related systems and equipment offering prudent, and cost-effective proposals for maintaining the same. Access and input information into a computer and generate reports.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, his position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the requirements of the hotel.
* Maintains appropriate supply of materials and equipment to carry out the normal day-to-day operating and maintenance requirements of the hotel.
* Maintains organized and efficient administrative and filing systems within Property Operations for the timely and accurate handling of correspondence, reports, requisitions for purchase, and other administrative requirements of the department.
* Maintains a well-defined, and organized system within the shop for the inventory maintenance, and storage of all tools, products, materials, and equipment necessary to execute the required activities of the department.
* Immediately available to report to the hotel in the event of any hotel emergency which necessitates the skills and expertise of the Chief Engineer. By example such emergencies.
may include, but not be limited to fires, power or other equipment failures, floods, lighting, earthquake, or other disasters of similar nature and magnitude.
* Perform other duties as requested.
Specific Job Knowledge and Skills:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Excellent knowledge of electrical systems, components, and devices, HVAC systems, boilers, mechanical systems, and the maintenance and repair of all.
* Excellent knowledge of public construction and building systems; all related permits, licensing, new and existing codes pertaining to public building and fire safety.
* Skilled in use of computers and software programs associated with property operations.
* Skilled in the proper and safe use of all tools, equipment, materials, chemicals, and products relating to the department.
* Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication skills.
* Ability to remain informed on state-of-the-art developments effecting the safe and effective operation of the building facility.
* Ability to analyze all associated systems as their design, intent, and effective performance.
* Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10F) and kitchens (+110F), possibly for one hour or more.
* Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length.
* Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and to reach other locations of the hotel on a timely basis.
* Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning and repair/maintenance tasks.
* Must be able to lift 25 lbs. On a regular and continuing basis.
* Must have the ability to bend, squat, and frequently lift 50 lbs. and occasionally lift 100 lbs.
* The worker is subject to hazards includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
* The worker is subject to atmospheric conditions, one or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin: fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases or poor ventilation.
* The worker is subject to oils; there is air and/or skin exposure to oils and other cutting fluids.
* Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
* Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
* Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near and color vision and depth perception.
* Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
* Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine, electric typewriter, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.
* Graduation from high school and from an apprenticeship, advance-training program for operating engineers recognized by the industry and trade. Or any other combination of education, training, or experience that provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job.
* Three years of experience performing building maintenance in a hotel or related industry. One-year experience as a head or assistant chief engineer in same or similar environment.
* Any licenses or permits that may be required by law or company regulations, such as an Electrician's License. Black Seal License required.
* All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
* Additional language ability preferred.