Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Job Description Profile:
Bonus Eligible: Yes
Direct Reports: Yes - Multiple
Reports To: General Manager
Equipment: Cell Phone Allowance Primary Purpose:
The primary purpose of the Chief Engineer is to ensure guests have an excellent experience through managing the engineering department and supervising maintenance operations while exhibiting leadership, integrity, initiative, composure, decision making skills, flexibility and adaptability in relation to business needs and crisis. Work Performed:
The Chief Engineer will be tasked with the following duties, responsibilities, and assignments:
Qualifications: Required Prior Experience:
- L ead , develop , and train a diverse and effective team in accordance with Atrium Core Values;
- Manage engineering associates by ensuring they understand employment practices, recommending employment decisions and corrective action, supporting performance management, and implementing discipline ;
- Maintain an adequate inventory of parts and supplies;
- Troubleshoot and repair malfunctions in mechanical and electrical systems and other equipment throughout the hotel;
- Participate in the development of the engineering and Capital budget, which at times involves strategic agility and sound planning capability;
- Creat e work schedules while managing and measuring department al needs and productivity;
- Oversee preventative maintenance assignments and the execution of Capital projects in partnership with the Atrium c apital team;
- Maintain Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS), Lock Out/Tag Out procedures and all relevant Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards;
- Track guest room requests for servicing and ensuring completion;
- Serve as the head of the property's loss prevention and risk management programs , m anaging the hotel loss prevention committees and ensuring all life safety systems are code compliant with the brand and the authority having jurisdiction (i.e. Fire Marshall, Building Inspector, etc.);
- Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures, including reporting accidents, injuries and unsafe work conditions to management ; and
- Any and all other work as required to complete the primary purpose of the position
5+ years of engineering experience to include mechanical, electrical and plumbing
Prior supervisory/leadership experience
Prior responsibility for a department budget with a fundamental understanding of a P&L statement, labor costs and other R&M expenses
Experience in managing utilities and energy systems
Understanding of capital planning and replacement cycles
Experience with NFPA fire code and life safety systems, controlsPreferred Prior Experience:
Experience working with industrial laundry and kitchen equipment.
Prior hotel experiencePreferred Education:
Bachelor's degree in related fieldPreferred Licenses/ Certification:
Certifications in mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVACRequired Technology:
Knowledge of computer equipment, basic telephony and IT background.
Ability to use web-based applications for ordering, scheduling, CMMS systems experience.Preferred Technology:
Lifting up to 50lbs occasionally
Lifting up to 15lbs regularly, standing, bending, pushing and/or pulling.
Ability to navigate the property for up to four (4) hours within a shiftOther:
Ability to work a flexible schedule to include evenings, nights, weekends and holidays. good communication and writing skills
Interpersonal SkillsCompetencies: (17) DECISION QUALITY
Makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgement; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.(51) PROBLEM SOLVING
Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; problems all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers.(43) PERSEVERANCE
Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
In addition to competitive compensation packages, Atrium Hospitality offers competitive benefits packages; 401k; tuition reimbursement; commissions for referred and booked hotel business; as well as discounted rates at any of our hotels for associates, their immediate family members and friends. Our associates and leaders are driven everyday to make Atrium Hospitality a great place to work and grow. Come grow with us!
EOE, including disability/vets
Empleador con igualdad de oportunidades, incluidos personas con discapacidad y veteranos
See Job Description.