OverviewJoin the Brand-New Residence Inn by Marriott Berkeley!
Opening this fall Berkeley's newest hotel destination, The Residence Inn by Marriott Berkeley, will offer guests contemporary apartment-style accommodations with fully equipped kitchens, separate living spaces and thoughtful modern amenities. Located in the heart of Downtown Berkeley, this 17 story property with 331 suites will feature over 15,000 square feet of flexible meeting and event space and a rooftop restaurant and bar with expansive and inspiring views of the city.
We are looking for energetic, passionate and driven leaders to join our opening team for this beautiful brand-new property!The Residence Inn by Marriott Berkeley will embrace our employees through a culture of care, focused on giving respect, offering support and providing rewards.
At this time, we are seeking a detail oriented, highly skilled facilities maintenance professional to join us as our Chief Engineer. Responsibilities:
- Lead maintenance effort of the entire facility, including the physical building structure, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems, and related equipment in accordance with energy conservation and preventative maintenance programs.
- Ensure the upkeep of guest areas to maintain an attractive hotel.
- Responsible for hiring, training, supervising, scheduling and disciplining staff of the engineering department.
- Work with General Manager to establish and oversee short and long term facility goals, maintenance programs and projects, capital improvement plan. Assist GM in determining the scope of work; provide multiple quotes for each project when possible.
- Assist GM to establish all R&M related Budgets to include R&M contracts, labor, and R&M expenses. Execute and maintain all contracts.
- Conduct regular walk-throughs and visually assess the safe and efficient maintenance and operation of the physical structure(s) of the hotel, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems and any other related equipment.
- Verify completion of all routine maintenance on all hotel public and employee areas.
- Verify completion of all repairs.
- Adhere to all corporate-required purchasing policies and controls, including, but not limited to, all outside contractor bids, budgets, and schedules. Follow prescribed safety procedures for personnel and equipment by the company and OSHA.
- Maintain effective Energy Management and Preventive Maintenance programs (guest rooms, public space and major mechanical) and conduct special training for other operating departments on the safe and efficient use of equipment and energy in the hotel.
- Participate and manage all Engineering functions during pre-opening phase of new construction hotel.
- Additional duties as necessary and assigned.