In less than 2 minutes, get your
Personal Score for every job
Vista is the premier hospitality management company of the Americas. As owners and operators of hotels, Vista has carved a remarkable story of success. Vista encourages employee growth as a contributing factor to both the success of the individual as well as success of the team. Vista owns and managers several properties throughout Eastern United States and Canada.
Sheraton BWI, one Vista Property Management’s portfolios of hotels, is looking for an experienced Chief Engineer. Sheraton BWI offers a competitive compensation package and a working environment that’s all about hospitality! Take the next step in your career and join our team!
The Chief Engineer directs the Engineering Department and maintains all facilities according to hotel policies and procedures. The Chief Engineer is also responsible for planning, supervising, and inspecting repairs for the facility, recommending facility upgrades and conversions to reduce costs, improve efficiencies and conserve energy.
Key Responsibilities will be:
· Ensure proper operations, maintenance, service and repair of all equipment.
· Delivery of consistently high standard facilities.
· Lead and develop maintenance staff.
· Create a service environment for large facility maintenance
· Attention to detail with administrative, cost control & safety requirements.
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
· Flexibility. This isn't an 8-5 position
· Salary will be based upon experience.
· 3-5 years of building experience, with increasing responsibility. Hotel experience preferred.
· High school diploma or equivalent required
· Skilled in proper and safe use of all tools, equipment, materials, chemicals and products relating to the department.
· Strong technical skills in HVAC, plumbing & electrical, carpentry.
· CPO Preferred (Certified Pool/Spa Operator) Building maintenance background desired.
· Fluent in English - written and verbal communication.
· Two years management experience.
· Familiar with basic employment law regulations.
· Valid driver’s license for applicable state.
· Any and all state and local age and licensing requirements must be met.
· Prefer local as there will be no relocation benefit offered.
· Familiar with chemical treatments, control systems, water systems, refrigeration and compressors.
· Considerable knowledge of OSHA standards and their applications.
· Be able to maintain relationships with outside vendors, and contractors.
· Able to work successfully with all other departments.
· Organized, and strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Must be flexible to cover all shifts.
Sheraton BWI is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability or veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
|Address||1100 Old Elkridge Landing Rd, Linthicum Heights, MD, 21090 View map|