In less than 2 minutes, get your
Personal Score for every job
The Chief Engineer will be responsible for maintaining the entire hotel facility, including the physical building structure, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems and related equipment, ensures the upkeep of guest areas to maintain an attractive hotel, manages all rehabilitation, expansion and special projects. Previous Chief Engineer or Assistant Chief Engineering experience in a full service and/or focus service hotel setting is required - a minimum of three years. Total engineering experience should be at least six years. Ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of all phases of hotel engineering - plumbing, electrical, HVAC, boiler maintenance, preventative maintenance, etc. and will be able to effectively delegate work and tasks to subordinates to ensure the smooth operation of the hotel. Must possess excellent time management and organizational skills.
1. 5+ years of experience troubleshooting, and repairing, chill water, and hot water heating systems.
2. Management experience with a general knowledge of electrical and plumbing
3. Working knowledge of national codes and best practices.
4. A working knowledge of electrical and gas diagnostics and air flow are preferred.
5. Requisite basic certifications (EPA Universal)
6. Pool experience is a plus
7. Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills along with computer skills
8. Flexibility is a must, the hospitality industry is fast paced and ever changing
9. A valid drivers' license and good communications skills.
10. Responsible for hiring, training and directing of all department personnel
11. Conduct inventory of parts, supplies, tools and materials
12. Responsible for maintaining all hotel emergency systems and standards
13. Responsible for maintaining the hotel facility and related equipment in a safe and efficient manner
14. Maintains a working knowledge of all federal, state and local laws, codes and regulations
|Address||9515 Hotel Drive, Austin, TX, 78719 View map|