In less than 2 minutes, get your
Personal Score for every job
We are currently seeking for a Chief Engineer to join our team at Orlando Airport Marriott Lakeside. Our property, located by one of the busiest airports in the country, offers 485 guest rooms , approximately 30.000 square feet meeting space along with resort-like amenities such as an outdoor pool, pool bar and several food and beverage outlets including a full service restaurant, coffee shop and a concierge lounge reserved for our valued frequent travelers and VIP guests.
As a Chief Engineer, the individual will be responsible for maintaining the entire hotel property, including the physical building structure, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC, pool and spa systems and related equipment with particular attention towards safety, guest satisfaction, security and asset protection. In addition, the person will be accountable for managing the budget, capital expenditure projects, preventative maintenance and energy conservation.
• Conducting walk-throughs and visually assessing the safe and efficient maintenance and operation of the physical structure of the hotel, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems and any other related equipment
• Informing the General Manager and hotel department heads on a regular basis regarding the specific and overall condition of the building structure, related systems and equipment offering prudent, cost effective proposals for maintaining these systems
• Ensuring all projects, including, but not limited to, routine maintenance, repairs, replacement and renovation projects, are completed on time and according to specifications.
• Testing the salt water pool for chemical balance and operational condition
• Maintaining effective Energy Management and Preventative Maintenance programs and conducting special training for other operating departments on the safe and efficient use of equipment and energy in the hotel
• Working closely with other departments to ensure coordination of activities
• Supervising Engineering associates including hiring, training, evaluations, development and disciplining
• Preparing and adjusting weekly work schedules in accordance with staffing guidelines and labor forecasts
• Authorizing requests for personal time off, holidays for team members, schedule changes, overtime, purchase requests and expenditures
• Reviewing guest comments and ensuring that problems are identified and corrected in a timely manner.
• Responding to guest requests in a timely, professional and friendly manner to help ensure that we are meeting or exceeding guest expectations.
• Acting as the safety coordinator for the entire hotel including ensuring that all emergency equipment and systems are inspected, tested and certified per standards.
• Maintaining a safe and working environment throughout the hotel for all associates, enforcing safety guidelines and building awareness about safety
• Ensuring compliance with OSHA, Fire & Safety Laws
• Recommending capital expenditures and acquiring bids as appropriate
• Managing expenses within approved budget guidelines
• Assessing critical repairs and facilitating an immediate and cost effective response
• Implementing and managing procedures and practices that ensure quality assurance for work performed by hotel maintenance teams
• Ensuring that there is an adequate inventory of parts, supplies, tools and materials available through effective ordering
PLEASE E-MAIL YOUR RESUME WITH PAST SALARY INFORMATION
The ideal candidate for the Chief Engineer position will meet the following criteria:
• Minimum of 2 years of experience as a Chief Engineer in a full service hotel environment.
• Must have a thorough knowledge of all types of mechanical equipment such as chillers, boilers, water softeners, and refrigeration equipment
• Must have extensive working knowledge of building systems to include but not limited to; HVAC, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, painting and carpentry
• Must have excellent supervisory and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and weekends
|Address||7499 Augusta National Drive, Orlando, FL, 32822 View map|