In less than 2 minutes, get your
Personal Score for every job
Gansevoort Meatpacking NYC is inviting an experienced Chief Engineer to join our fast paced, dynamic and creative management team! Please apply online or send your resume to email@example.com if you would like an opportunity to become a part of the New York City’s iconic hotel.
About us: Located on Ninth Ave and 13th Street, Gansevoort is an anchor in Manhattan’s vibrant Meatpacking District, which has transformed from an industrial district into a hub for fashion, design, culinary excellence and the arts. The property is just steps away from the Hudson River, the High Line, premium shopping and dining, the Whitney Museum of American Art, Chelsea Market and more. The property is completing a full renovation touching all floors, accommodations and public spaces in spring 2021.
About the position: The Chief Engineer oversees all aspects of hotel maintenance, including public space, guest rooms, kitchen and outlets, hotel equipment, preventive-maintenance programs, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, etc. Position is involved in OSHA training and other compliance requirements, as well as life-safety systems and procedures.
About you and your skills:
• You are a personally involved, visible and proactive leader with excellent organizational skills, capable of providing focused direction and continuing to maintain the property’s prominent position within the market.
• You possess a well-developed capability for strategic decision-making and a track record of proven results.
• In terms of maintenance management, you have an intuitive sense of product and service quality, a passion for excellence and an understanding of the sophisticated needs of the luxury customer.
• By embracing the Gansevoort Hotel Group vision and values, you will deliver an exceptional experience for guests and develop Engineering line staff to be the very best they can be.
• You will make sure that all brand initiatives are fully embraced within the Engineering department.
• Chief Engineer candidates must have previous Engineering management experience in large, upscale, full-service hotel.
• Must have advanced working knowledge of all aspects of hotel maintenance.
• Chief Engineer candidates must have strong technical skills in HVAC, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, carpentry, etc.
• Familiar with chillers, cooling towers, chemical treatments, control systems, water systems, boilers, refrigeration, pool maintenance etc.
• The ideal Chief Engineer candidate will have S12 and S13 certificates and will be FSD Certified.
• Must have hotel experience preferable within New York City.
|Address||18 9th Ave, New York, NY, 10014 View map|