In less than 2 minutes, get your
Personal Score for every job
Engineer- noun. [en-juh-neer]: Someone who does precision guesswork, based on unreliable data, provided by those of questionable knowledge. See also: Wizard, Magician.
If you are an amazing people-person, who just happens to have a background in construction, maintenance and engineering, then you are the Wizard we are seeking!
The Doubletree by Hilton-Cocoa Beach Oceanfront is currently seeking a talented Chief Engineer who has the whole package…the wisdom and knowledge of his or her craft, and an amazing personality! We are a 150-room boutique hotel, located directly on world-famous Cocoa Beach. We are just wrapping up an extensive renovation and remodel project, and we are looking for an amazing Chief Engineer to ensure all of this project’s loose ends are tied up nicely before we re-open.
We are looking for someone who is as passionate about guest service as they are about maintenance and repairs. We pride ourselves on providing a fun work environment, where you become part of our work family.
If you are a hard-working Chief Engineer, who loves to interact with the public, we look forward to meeting you!
Now for all of those pesky, boring details….
Essential Functions of this position:
· Maintain the entire hotel facility, including the physical building structure, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems, and related equipment in accordance with energy conservation and preventative maintenance programs.
· Ensure the upkeep of guest areas to maintain an attractive hotel.
· Adhere to all corporate-required purchasing policies and controls, including, but not limited to, all outside contractor bids, budgets, and schedules.
· Follow prescribed safety procedures for personnel and equipment by the company and OSHA.
· Maintain effective Energy Management and Preventative Maintenance programs and conduct special training for other operating departments on the safe and efficient use of equipment and energy in the hotel.
· Must be able to identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing solutions.
· Assigns duties and examines work for exactness, neatness and conformances to policies and procedures.
· Responsible for management of maintenance expenses to maximize hotel profitability.
· Active management and supervision of all work and repairs being performed; will be a hands-on Chief Engineer that requires active and vigorous leadership.
· Collaborates with the General Manager to prioritize improvements through capital expenditures.
· Conduct routine inspections of the hotel property to maintain standards per brand, state, federal & local regulations.
· Perform and or assign all preventative maintenance work. (Complete all guest rooms every 90 days)
· Hire, train and discipline all Engineering staff
· Ensure aggressive guest-first approach among employees. Remedy guest complaints within 30 minutes, or if not possible, notify the Front Desk or General Manager for proper follow up.
· Conduct weekly inventory of supplies. Purchase and order supplies maintaining budget guidelines.
· Clean & service the swimming pool, i.e. back washing, vacuuming, and keeping the deck maintained.
If you’re still reading by this point, kudos to you! If you’re still interested, and think you have what it takes to be part of our amazing team, then we can’t wait to hear from you, so apply NOW! We are waiting to hear from you! Seriously, put that coffee down, and send us your resume! ; )
Now for all of those pesky, boring details….
Requirements of this position:
· Speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
· Good communication skills (verbal and written)
· Must have thorough knowledge of all types of mechanical equipment such as chillers, boilers, water softeners, and refrigeration equipment.
· Must have thorough knowledge of plumbing and electrical systems, maintenance of records of power, water and fuel consumption.
· Must have experience in office procedures, ordering materials, securing bids, etc.
· Should have extensive knowledge of city codes and other applicable building laws, building construction, blueprint reading, etc.
· Ability to work flexible shifts (our hotel is open 24/7/365)
· Basic computational ability
· Basic computer skills
· Ability to bend, push, pull and lift 50 pounds
· Ability to stand and walk for hours at a time
· CHFE – Certified Hospitality Facilities Executive, American Hotel & Lodging Association or CCE – Certified Chief Engineer, National Association of Hotel & Lodging Engineers preferred
· HVAC Certificate Required
· NIMS – National Incident Management System, Federal Emergency Management Agency Pool and Spa Operator Certification preferred, required within 90 days upon hire.
· Electrician’s License preferred
|Address||2080 N Atlantic Ave, Cocoa Beach, FL, 32931 View map|