In less than 2 minutes, get your
Personal Score for every job
CATERING SALES MANAGER
Experience one of the largest and most comprehensive conference centers in the nation - The National Conference Center (The National). The National has 917 guest rooms, 250,000 square feet of meeting space, and is located on 44 acres of land. Created for large conferences, corporate meetings, planning sessions and executive education, this multipurpose event venue was designed especially for training and professional development. The center offers unique, individualized, meeting communities where conference rooms and guest lodging are grouped in self -contained wings to optimize opportunities for collaboration and camaraderie.
In addition, we have West Belmont Place—a 55,000 sq.ft event center which includes the largest ballroom in Northern Virginia that can accommodate 1,800 attendees, in addition to the 8 event venues, an outside terrace and large pre-function space as well as the West Lawn which is perfect for outdoor weddings, company outings and much more.
Come be part of the award winning team! The National has been the recipient of industry & community awards.
If you are you a driven catering sales professional--we have a tremendous opportunity for you!
We are seeking a Catering Sales Manager to introduce/promote Northern Virginia’s largest ballroom for corporate celebrations, galas and important events.
The successful sales professional will be responsible for selling this unique space by introducing the culinary team and extraordinary experience delivered with confidence and consistency by one of the strongest, most creative culinary teams in the metro DC region—working with team members including Executive Chef Frank.
Utilizing the various methods of soliciting business; including outside sales calls and responding promptly to all inquiries while detailing all aspects of booked events will ensure your success in this role. Plan and manage the catering/convention/social catering needs of the property through booking, coordinating and negotiating menus, meetings/functions, rooms, rates and all related requirements for groups and events, maximizing room and meeting space, revenues, and profits while ensuring a quality and memorable experience.
Requires knowledge of the principles and practices within Corporate & Social catering, ability to make decisions as required and must possess excellent communication skills. Superior negotiation skills are a must.
· Primary responsibility to generate local catering and day meeting business (DMP)
· Strong understanding of the catering business and how the conference center works.
· Knowledge of menu development and food cost.
· Qualifies sales opportunities through inquiries and active prospecting to maximize revenue potential.
· Determines and secures proper amount of meeting space to sell within the catering selective sell guidelines.
· Ability to provide good communication skills both verbally and in writing.
· Ability to focus attention on details, prepare proposals and cost estimates.
· Achieve or exceed monthly and quarterly goals.
· Blocks meeting space correctly and according to agreed terms.
· Respond to inquiries in a timely manner; the goal is to return calls by the same business day.
· Attend local networking events and become actively involved in area organizations.
· Participates in catering sales presentations, property tours and customer meetings.
· Plans all logistical details of events from contracting until the event takes place.
· Works closely with the operations team to ensure successful events.
· Input data to generate proposals, contracts, updated client files and enter information into OPERA on a daily basis.
· Maximizes revenue by up selling and selling creative food and beverage functions as well as upgraded audio-visual equipment.
Prefer candidates with knowledge of the local marketplace and appreciation for presenting quality experiences. Four year college degree preferred as is a minimum of four years Catering Sales and/or hospitality sales experience.
The National is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes diversity in all business practices.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
The position is not limited to those duties listed and may be modified to meet the needs of the business.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation for the position is competitive and includes a generous incentive plan. Please include salary expectations in your cover letter. In addition, you will enjoy medical, dental, vision, short term and long term disability, life insurance, 401k, and paid time off.
|Address||18980 Upper Belmont Place, Lansdowne, VA, 20176 View map|