Director of Catering
The Catering Sales Manager is responsible for assisting the Director of Catering with all aspects of managing the Catering Department efficiently while exceeding member/client satisfaction. The Catering Sales Manager books, plans, organizes, and executes private and club special events, business and social meetings, and other related activities which require the use of Club facilities and food and beverage services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- CREATES WOW by: anticipating needs and wants, being prepared, being continuously enthusiastic, executing flawlessly, and doing it now.
- Present and on time for scheduled work. Must be willing to work flexible workdays/hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Promotes the Clubs’ event facilities and provides tours to members and prospective clients to book functions
- Makes cold calls to prospective corporate clients to develop business
- Represents Club at external fairs and sales opportunities
- Promotes the Club’s banquet and private party facilities via external advertising
- Work with Director of Catering to forecasts projected banquet sales and manages events within specified budget
- Assists members and clients with booking business and social functions; including event details, event space, menus, entertainment, logistics, etc.
- Creates contracts, function sheets and diagrams to reflect all information related to the event
- Distributes all function sheets to various club departments as needed with minimal changes
- Collects 100% payment based on guaranteed attendance/contract policy prior to the event
- Distributes confirmation and thank you letters and post-event surveys
- Maintains current and accurate member/client files for all events
- Calls for guaranteed numbers of attendance the appropriate number of days prior to the function
- Assists Director of Catering with procuring decorations and entertainment for Club Events
- Checks event function sheets against room set-up
- Assist with greeting of members and guests; communicates with members, clients, guests, and staff members during functions to ensure satisfaction
- Maintain a sense of urgency when responding to needs of a member/client
- Communicate specific details of upcoming events in a timely manner to kitchen, food & beverage, housekeeping, maintenance, and other Club staff
- Act as a liaison between the catering office and other departments of the Club, including kitchen, tennis, fitness, swimming, and others.
- Communicates last minute changes in person to all necessary departments.
- Promotes teamwork and flexibility within all departments.
- Provide leadership and support to catering team members, assistant managers, and banquet staff
- Strives for continuous improvement and growth of member and client satisfaction and operational procedures.
- Adheres to all the various written mandatory standards of operation, policies, procedures, manuals, memos, oral instructions, etc., all of which go to make up the essential job functions.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the supervisor or management.
$48,000 base salary with additional compensation of 2% of the service charge collected on Banquet Food and Beverage Sales only.