Dallas Fort Worth Embassy Suites Job Description Profile:
Bonus Eligible: Yes
Direct Reports: No
Reports To: Director, Sales & Events or General Manager
Equipment: Laptop or Desktop ComputerPrimary Purpose:
The primary purpose of the Catering Sales Manager is to optimize catering revenue through (1) maximizing catering opportunities consistent with the property's business plan; (2) accurately forecasting revenue and expenses, and (3) efficiently managing catering activities through coordination with clients and operational departments. Work Performed:
The Position will be tasked with the following duties, responsibilities, and assignments:
Qualifications:Required Prior Experience:
- Generate catering revenue consistent with the property's business plan;
- Achieve personal and hotel revenue goals;
- Prospect for new business using a wide variety of methods, including phone calls, outside sales calls, community functions, internet prospecting, supplier partnerships, trade journals, etc.;
- Develop, implement, and consistently update catering sales action plans;
- Interact effectively with vendors, competitors, local community, catering associations and other hotel departments. (including Sales, Kitchen and Operations) to ensure guest satisfaction;
- Align catering service and client specifications to achieve high guest satisfaction and return on investment;
- Manage contract minimums and coordinate the collection of attrition and cancellation fees;
- Provide accurate revenue and expense forecasts according to established guidelines; and
- All other work as required to complete the primary purpose of the position.
Minimum two (2) years of Catering Sales experience or two (2) years in hotel Event Services, Banquet, Group Sales, or an equivalent combination of education and
experience.Preferred Prior Experience:
Prior experience with the Group, and/or Social Event market segmentsRequired Education:
High school diploma or equivalentPreferred Education:
Bachelor's degree in Business
Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related majorPreferred Licenses/ Certification:
Certified Meeting Professional (CMP)Required Technology:
Proficient in Microsoft Office ToolsPreferred Technology:
Demonstrated experience with industry specific sales and catering programs including Microsoft Office, Delphi.fdc, and/or CI/TY, particularly in detailing
Banquet Event Orders (BEOs)Travel:
Less than 20% travel requirement.
Must possess a valid driver's license and reliable transportation and the ability to be available at off property meetings and
events with minimal notice.Physical:
Up to 8+ hours sitting at a desk and computer workOther:
Excellent written and oral communication skills.Competencies:(38) ORGANIZATIONAL AGILITY
Knowledgeable about how organizations work; knows how to get things done both through formal channels and the informal network; understands the origin and reasoning behind key policies, practices, and procedures; understands the cultures of organizations.(37) NEGOTIATING
Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups; can settle differences with minimum noise; can win concessions without damaging relationships, can be both direct and forceful as well as diplomatic; gains trust quickly of other parties to the negotiations; has a good sense of timing.(15) CUSTOMER FOCUS
Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
In addition to competitive compensation packages, Atrium Hospitality offers competitive benefits packages; 401k; tuition reimbursement; commissions for referred and booked hotel business; as well as discounted rates at any of our hotels for associates, their immediate family members and friends. Our associates and leaders are driven everyday to make Atrium Hospitality a great place to work and grow. Come grow with us!
EOE, including disability/vets
Empleador con igualdad de oportunidades, incluidos personas con discapacidad y veteranos
See Job Description.