Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands, legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas, London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com . Location
An unrivaled blend of warmth, authentic heritage, and contemporary sophistication attract travelers from around the world to Boston's most beloved hotel, the Boston Park Plaza. With the recent completion of a $100 million landmark transformation of all guest rooms, meeting space and public areas, guests quickly discover that this 1927 historic hotel is still classic, timeless, and always in-style. The hotel features 1,060 guest rooms (including 57 suites) plus onsite amenities. This historic and vibrant hotel is located in Boston's Back Bay neighborhood, just steps away from Boston Common and within walking distance of world-renowned Newbury Street, the Financial District, Faneuil Hall Marketplace, and a host of other famous historical Boston sites. Boston Park Plaza is a member of the Preferred Hotels and Resorts. Employment Status
The Catering Sales Manager is responsible for soliciting new catering accounts, entertaining and sustaining relationships with existing accounts to meet and/or exceed revenue goals. He/she must have a strong knowledge of weddings and understand the importance of prospecting in creating new sales opportunities for the hotel. He/she is also responsible to coordinate and service client functions to ensure customer satisfaction while maintaining profitable operations and high quality products and service levels. Candidates must be comfortable in problem solving with client relationships and event management. Responsibilities
- Keep immediate supervisor fully informed of all problems or matters requiring his/her attention.
- Prepare and submit required reports in a timely manner.
- Follow up on all turnovers within 24 hours via telephone and within 3 days with written correspondence.
- Know meeting room setups and capabilities.
- Know sleeping room configurations and types.
- Respond to Catering inquires immediately.
- Use the Partnership Agreement to meet client needs.
- Have comprehensive knowledge of all operational departments within the hotel; guest services, reservations, housekeeping, audio visual, switchboard, accounting, restaurants, bars, and engineering.
- Interact with outside planners, vendors for event setup.
- Maintain pricing integrity and propose upscale menus for clients.
- Manage existing accounts and follow up with client re-solicitation to capture future business.
- Work with other F&B managers and keep them informed of F&B issues as they arise.
- Manage the function diary and adjust space in order to ensure maximum potential revenue.
- Be visible on the floor and assist staff as needed during functions.
- Be involved in and/or conduct departmental and hotel training (One-to-One Training, etc.)
- Plan and execute holiday and special events in conjunction with the Director of Catering.
- Use feedback from client evaluations to improve service and quality.
- Participate in required M.O.D. program as scheduled.