The JW Marriott Cherry Creek is seeking a Catering & Conference Services Manager in creating exceptional guest experiences. Discover the best of Denver at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek. Providing an authentic, inspiring and comfortable environment that allows guests to experience enriched hospitality through approachable luxury. Join our award winning team and discover your place, in the heart of it all.
As part of our sales team, you will show our customers and guests the true meaning of enriched hospitality through approachable luxury. You will strive to secure key clients while creating memorable experiences through representing the JW brand and offering the best that Denver has to offer. Join the JW Marriott Cherry Creek team and find your place in the heart of it all.Job Overview
Sell, Plan, organize and manage the in house details for local catering bookings (e.g. menus, set-up, guest rooms, etc.) Participate in negotiating meetings/functions, rooms, rates and all related requirements. Ensure maximization of room and meeting space, revenues, and profits while delivering a quality product. Focus on execution of all aspects of event planning including coordination from the signing of a group contract forward, VIP needs, amenities, group resumes, and rooming lists.ResponsibilitiesESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the sales and management and planning of local catering events and related activities.
- Attends Banquet Event Order (BEO) and staff meetings and perform as a team leader for all hotel department staff participating in the event delivery process.
- Achieve a minimum of 100% of productivity goals and 100% of activity goals, as established by management.
- Develop and maintain relationships with local industry partners and organizations focused on wedding and social catering clientele.
- Maintain well documented, accurate, organized and up to date file management in order to serve client and the employer in the most expedient, organized and knowledgeable manner.
- Develop customer profiles and maintains an effective trace system including trace dates and references resulting in superior account service and increased revenues.
- Develops strong customer relationships through appropriate client communication and the use of professional, courteous and ethical interpersonal interaction.
- Follow up on all client needs and inquiries in an efficient and expedient manner.
- Focuses on revenue-generating activity and maximizes selling time through retaining accounts/clients, maximizing account yield opportunities and sales effectiveness.
- Detail, up-sell and detail the program with the client including; verification and modification of space requirements, audio-visual, times, equipment, menus, themes/decorations, etc. Prepare the appropriate resumes and paperwork to ensure quality service.
- Manage function details and related activities to ensure that program requirements are satisfied. Anticipate and handle customer complaints and/or problems to ensure quality product delivery, customer satisfaction and repeat business.
- Oversees all billing details for hotel groups to include processing of deposits, direct bill applications, credit card authorizations and coordination with accounting.
- Improve hotel convention services' products through; (a) participate in the development of new sales tools and systems, (b) participate in the analysis of the strengths and weakness of our competitions product, and (c) analysis, understanding, and satisfaction of our customers' needs.
- Monitor and control individual client event budgets and details to maximize revenues and minimize expenses while ensuring delivery of a quality product.
- All other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management.
At Sage, we pride ourselves on the behaviors that build our culture and help associates perform in their positions. We value integrity, performance, team spirit, growth, delivering extraordinary guest experiences, and engaging in our communities. We have also outlined specific competencies that contribute to success at Sage. Please review our competency models to understand the behaviors expected of different levels in the organization (you may find these models in our learning management system).
More than two years of post -high school educationExperience
Experience required by position is from one to two full years of employment in a related position with this company or other organization(s).Knowledge/Skills
- Requires thorough knowledge of the practices and procedures of the catering, food and beverage, menu development and pricing.
- Requires knowledge of the hotel's policies and procedures and the ability to determine course of action based on these guidelines.
- Requires ability to investigate and analyze current activities and/or information involving readily available data and indicating logical conclusions and recommendations.
- Must possess communication skills in terms of the ability to negotiate, convince, sell and influence professionals and/or hotel guests.
- Ability to drive to outside sales calls.
- Excellent comprehension and literacy required to develop marketing plan, create menus and programs, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent hearing required for verbal interaction with guests and associates.
- Excellent vision required for viewing set-ups.
- Excellent speech communication skills required for verbal interaction with guests and associates.
- Lifting, pushing, pulling, carrying - tables, chairs, boxes (50 lb. maximum) occasionally.
- Bending/kneeling - taping down cords, skirting tables, picking up floor after function, occasionally.
- Mobility - ability to service clients on a moments notice, variable distances. Continuous standing - function observation, client site inspections (one hour minimum to four hours maximum). Climbing - up to 55 steps, 3-5% of 10 hours.
- Driving - distance varies for sales calls (approximately 20%).
Work inside 70% of 10 hour day; outside 30% of 10 hour day.Benefits
At Sage Hospitality Group, we look for innovative leaders, with an eye for disruption. Never looking for someone just looking for a job, we are looking for the power players, the people who want to rise to the top. Sage allows for opportunities for growth and personal fulfillment, paying attention to the parts that keep us human and happy. We want to attract and retain associates that are engaged in our culture, passionate about hospitality and excited to enrich lives, one experience at a time. Sage Hospitality Group was founded on a spirt of bold individuality. By going our own way, we have created some of the world's best hotels, restaurants, and experiences. But the truth is, none of it would have happened without people like you. People who follow their own path, how are hungry to learn and who love their community. People who do not sit around and wait, they just do. You belong here.
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Health savings and flexible spending accounts
- Basic Life and AD&D insurance
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Paid time off for vacation, sick time, and holidays
- Eligible to participate in the Company's 401(k) program with employer matching
- Employee assistance program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Great discounts on Hotels, Restaurants, and much more.
- Eligible to participate in the Employee Referral Bonus Program. Up to $1,000 per referral.