Hotel Equities, one of the top hotel development and management companies in the industry, is currently searching for a remarkable Catering Manager for the REVERB by Hard Rock in Atlanta, GA. We offer an award-winning culture and a unique environment that empowers our team to exceed guests' expectations and make a distinct difference in people's lives. Our ideal candidate will be engaged, authentic, and prepared to prospect, sell, and maintain accounts to positively impact revenues for a "best in class" hotel!
The Catering Manager is responsible for attracting new clients and services for in-house groups as well as outside clients. The primary objective is to meet selling goals, successful servicing and execution of Banquet Food and Beverage in addition to itinerary scheduling, hotel meeting services, and menu preparation alongside the executive chef. The Catering Manager should also recognize opportunities to maximize revenue opportunities by up-selling and offering enhancements to create exceptional events. The Catering Manager will also contribute to maintaining strong customer relationships, site inspections, and team unity with the sales and catering staff. Other duties will include contract reviewing, spearheading all communication the duration of the event (pre, during, and post) with hotel staff to ensure an eminent level of service is provided. Manage and coordinate events for RT60 Rooftop Bar and Lounge.
**Please note that this job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all functions that a Catering Manager may be asked to perform.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 2+ years of successful hotel catering sales experience preferred.
- Strong understanding of negotiation and interpretation of contracts.
- Strong business communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Understanding/knowledge of Microsoft office, Sales Pro & Delphi FDC.
- Confident and professional appearance.
- Proactive sales approach, assertive and fast paced, driven to succeed.
- Experience in prospecting meeting planners and the SMERF market, a must/required.
- Understanding of market segment, competitor’s strengths, weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand.
- Substantiated established business, meetings and events relationships.
- Experience in a downtown urban concention market, preferred.
- Time management skills. Being able to work on multiple projects with desired outcome for each.
- Creativity in designing events.
- Ability to work weekends to support in-house groups.
All candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment drug screening and background check. EOE/DFW