Our Events Sales Manager is responsible for proactively selling and contracting social and corporate events. You will create and nurture relationships with new and existing clients, Wave Hotel team members and our partners and vendors. You will manage the experience for event customers, acting as a main point of contact for the customer while communicating effectively with all related team members. You will be responsible for creating unmatched, unexpected experiences for customers and inspiring happiness in all that you do.
The Events Sales Manager shall strive to maximize financial performance through strategic and tactical sales efforts providing exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times. S/he will be responsible for exemplifying the Lake Nona Wave Hotel culture as well as promoting Lake Nona Wave Hotel as both the Destination and Employer of Choice.Essential Functions
- Strategically solicit corporate and social event business in the local and regional area
- Quickly and professionally responds to all event enquiries
- Establishes strong rapport with clients, maintaining strong communication throughout the sales process
- Develops close relationship with clients to determine needs, expectations, etc.
- Works closely with Associate Director of Events and Event Manager as well as accounting to ensure billing and deposits are made timely according to contract
- Utilizes iVvy to track inquiries, communication with clients and deadlines
- Maintains up to date activity logs and documentation as required
- Conducts sales calls, webinars and presentations to potential clients
- Attends local trade shows, networking events and wedding fairs representing the hotel appropriately
- Coordinates and conducts site tours for potential clients
- Explains and executes all contractual terms and to customers
- Follow up with clients following event for client feedback
- Welcomes incoming guests with courteous and professional attitude
- Responsible for reaching budgeted monthly and quarterly goals as assigned
- Attends appropriate hotel, division and department meetings
- Maintains a strong understanding of Lake Nona and Lake Nona Wave Hotel
- Capitalizes on up-selling to maximize night stays and maximizing rates
- Focuses on yield management strategies
- Communicates all pertinent information to the conventions/catering team
- Handles walk-in inquiries.
- Responsible for tracking calls and inquiries that are "turn away"
- Resolves guest problems and is empowered to act in absence of directors/supervisors
- Makes decision on VIP status and communicates appropriately
- Maintains strong communications with Conventions, Front Desk, Concierge and Bell service
- Communicates effectively with resort staff to ensure communication of all services expected
- Maintains an up to date working knowledge of all hotel amenities as well as any special events
- Interacts with hotel team members in a professional manner, assisting other departments with necessary information
- Up sells other resort services and amenities to guests
- Always maintains a professional demeanor and attitude
- Maintains constant awareness of safety issues, (i.e. broken glass, frayed electrical cords, leaks, broken locks and suspicious persons). Reports all safety incidents to on-duty supervisor.
- Acts with responsibility towards all company property, supplies and equipment
- Maintains a professional appearance. Follows all Lake Nona Wave Hotel dress code standards.
- Remains alert, courteous and helpful to the guests and colleagues at all times
- Active member and contributor to the group sales team.
- Assume responsibility of all assigned local accounts.
- Maintain and execute all defined booking standards and criteria.
- Execute approved catering contract and all terms and conditions.
- Work directly with clients to secure contracts, and collect on all agreements.
- Suggest activities/products to clients from outside of the hotel and book accordingly if needed prior to turnover.
- Assist catering servicing managers with monitoring group's billing status, deposits and payments.
- Seek new approaches to grow business and guest satisfaction
- Ensure the highest guest satisfaction
- Comply with all OLCC regulations
- Comply with all Lake Nona Wave Hotel policies, procedures, and safety regulations
Performs other duties as assigned
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- College degree preferred.
- Previous luxury or lifestyle hotel experience
- Passion for sales with proven track record of sales results
- Strong food and beverage knowledge.
- Strong computer skills (iVvy preferred)
- Ability to work well with others and function well in high customer impact situations.
- Able to communicate well with staff and clients.
- Ability to make important booking and financial decisions independently.
- Ability to coordinate and execute complex social events.
- Able to work flexible hours and days.
- Valid driver's license and driving record that meets insurance standards.
- Current OLCC and food handler permits required.
- Knowledge of banquet products and standards.
Introducing Orlando's most unexpected hotel, a luxury lifestyle experience at the heart Orlando's most desirable community, Lake Nona. Opening late 2021, guests will wonder at artfully designed spaces, while indulging in culinary experiences Central Florida has never seen. Infused with state-of-the-art technology our guests will have access to unmatched wellness opportunities such as Deepak Chopra's Mind-Body Zone and Spa. From our vibrant Living Room to our coveted pool deck, our team members will inspire happiness to local residents, hotel guests and global visitors alike. Welcome to the anti-routine.Company Introduction
Our team members are the true soul of our company. We think differently. About travel, but also about the ways in which we deliver on our promise to engage, delight, awaken and challenge our team members as well as our guests. We are deeply committed to the foundation of core values that molds our interactions with everyone we encounter - our guests, our clients, our team and our communities. We create engaging, impactful environments that connect people and place, awaken the spirit, and allow team members with talent, integrity and heart to thrive. We believe our team members are the true soul of our company. We invite you to join us on this journey.