This historic DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Detroit Downtown - Fort Shelby offers modern all-suite accommodations in the heart of the city. Having recently undergone major refurbishment, our large suites average over 650 sq. ft. and offer more space than many other hotels in Detroit.
Our Detroit hotel's 203 guest rooms offer more space for rest, work and play. Host a diverse range of events for up to 300 guests in our extensive and versatile meeting space. This hotel is the only IACC-certified conference center in the city. What you will be doing?
- Generate sales leads outside of the hotel by using all forms of communication (email, telephone, cold calls, mailings, attending community events and conferences, etc.)
- Take customer event details and generate banquet event orders. Proactively communicate all catering requirements
- Booking and executing polished appointments and presentations to current and prospective clients to build relationships and close future sales opportunities
- Create and implement strategic prospecting plan and sales action plan for review
- Utilize DelphiFTC on a daily basis to log all customer interactions
- Developing marketing plan to promote catering operations, seeking new business
- Meet and exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals
- Enlist and participate in community and networking events
- Proactively communicate all catering requirements
- Successfully develops and executes the strategic and tactical elements of the Catering marketing plan.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to prioritize multiple projects at once.
- Establishes messaging, positioning and marketing strategies around catering revenue, understanding the impact to the hotel's business mix, customer, and commercial strategy. Also delivers content and messaging that meets brand standards.
- Develops strategic marketing plans along with the Director of Sales and Director of Food & Beverage. Marketing plans should be annual, monthly and by segment of deployment inclusive of cost and deployment strategies (traditional, digital, and/or social media).
- Collaborates with the Director of Sales to provide marketing support support menu design and marketing efforts for local and group catering.
- Content & Asset Strategy: Involved with strategic direction on all consumer facing marketing materials, including but not limited to: Website Content, 3rd Party Sites, Digital & Print Advertising, On-Property & In-Room Collateral, and Sales Tools.
- Reporting: Utilize data to make strategic decisions focused on optimizing performance.
What are we looking for? What we are looking for?
- Ideal candidate will have 2 to 4 years of previous progressive sales and marketing experience; catering experience required
- Accomplished in managing existing accounts and calling on new accounts;
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, including outstanding email etiquette
- Flexible work hours to meet business needs
- Must be able to work in a team and independently on occasions
- Quality driven with a passion for excellence in guest service and satisfaction
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision "to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality" unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!