Wyndham Grand is now seeking a Casino Shift Manager to join our team at the Rio Mar Beach Grand Resort location in Rio Grande, Puerto Rico.Job Summary
The Casino Manager is responsible for supervising all floor personnel, maintaining control of the games and ensuring satisfactory guest relations. He/she is also responsible for assisting the Director of Casino Operations.Education & Experience
- 5 years of progressive experience in a hotel/casino or related industry.
- College course work in related field helpful.
- Knowledge of overall Casino operations, games, slot machines, marketing, staffing, surveillance and security techniques, financial statements, statistical analysis, budgets, cage operations, audit and bank secrecy act, casino law, regulations and regulatory apparatus, and how it functions.
- Must be licensed by Puerto Rico Tourism Company (property-specific).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and /or 10 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Supervise all Casino floor personnel.
- Monitor industry trends; take appropriate action to maintain competitive and profitable operations.
- Ensure the Casino is opened and closed each day.
- Maintain inventory of cards and dice.
- Answer customer questions and settle disputes when referred by supervisors.
- Ensure knowledge of all emergency procedures.
- Maintain good communication with regulatory authorities.
- Prohibit activities in the Casino which would result in a less than favorable reputation of the property.
- Develop and review employees on a regular basis.
- Participate in Casino training programs.
- Approve credit extensions within the limits established for the position in the Credit Policy.
- Work with the department, casino staff and hotel staff to ensure that player is offered true five-star service.
- Authorize the cashing of personal checks.
- Review the shift operating report.
- Approve and sign complentaries.
- Assure games are conducted in accordance with the Rules of Games provided to each Casino employee.
- Participate in Casino activities.
- Maintain strong visibility in local community organizations.
- Special projects as requested by management.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 20 brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 80 countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio-distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands-delivers just that.
We are AmericInn® by Wyndham, Baymont® by Wyndham, Days Inn® by Wyndham, Dazzler® by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts® by Wyndham, Esplendor® Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham®, Howard Johnson® by Wyndham, La Quinta® Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham®, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide® by Wyndham, Super 8® by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection® by Wyndham, Travelodge® by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham®, Wingate by Wyndham®, Wyndham Garden®, Wyndham Grand® and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 15,000 team members worldwide.
Our Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.Job Location:
Rio Mar Beach Grand Resort, 6000 Rio Mar Blvd, Rio Grande, Puerto Rico 00745
Employment Status: Full-time