Located just minutes away from all of the excitement of the glittering Las Vegas Strip and Las Vegas Convention Center, Tuscany Suites & Casino provides guests with a relaxing getaway perfect for business travelers, a long weekend with friends or your next family vacation. We are looking for days, swing and grave Part Time Casino Porters.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintains complete knowledge of, and complies with, all departmental policies, service procedures, and standards.
• Maintains familiarity with all Casino services including Cov-19 guidelines, features, local attractions, and activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
• Maintains the highest standards to ensure the quality/cleanliness and disinfection of the casino, public areas, offices, and other areas, as designated.
• Cleans between slot machines, removes papers, glasses, debris, and discards all empty bottles. Wipes down all slot machines high and low using a ladder or step stool as required, disinfect change booths and change banks, in assigned areas.
• Reviews assigned area and completes general removal of trash/debris. Empties and cleans ashtrays/urns and trashcans.
• Cleans all bathrooms in assigned areas, as outlined in job procedures and as trained.
• Ensures all equipment and work areas are kept clean, neat, and orderly at all times.
• Exercises care in the use of cleaning supplies, methods, and equipment, while following all safety guidelines.
• Uses correct cleaning chemicals for designated surfaces, in accordance with OSHA regulations, and in adherence to established guidelines/procedures.
• Maintains a constant awareness of safety and accident prevention.
• Ensures security of any assigned keys, radios, beepers, etc.
• Reports emergencies, needed maintenance, and safety hazards in assigned areas to supervisor.
• Assists other areas as needed.
• Contains and cleans hazardous materials covered under the bio-hazard/Code Blue specifications.
• Works under minimal supervision, completing assigned tasks in a timely fashion.
• Performs other job related duties, as assigned.
• Must have six plus (6+) months experience in Environmental Services or comparable area/position, and/or training from the Culinary Training Center.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Must have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
• Professional appearance and demeanor.
• Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
• High school diploma or GED equivalency.
• Must be able to work in an environment with exposure to secondhand smoke and high noise
• Must be able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
• Ability to contain/clean hazardous materials covered under the OSHA specifications in strict adherence to established guidelines/safety procedures.
• Ability to perform a myriad of duties with extreme care and attention to detail, while working in a fast-paced and busy environment.
• Previous experience working in a luxury resort.
see above for details