Wyndham Grand is now seeking a Casino Dealer to join our team at the Rio Mar Beach Grand Resort location in Rio Grande, Puerto Rico.Job Summary
Responsible for dealing and/or operating an assigned Table Game in compliance with all applicable requirements of the policies and procedures prescribed in the Standard Operating Procedures. Education & Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- At least two years experience as a casino dealer
- Bilingual required
- Must be licensed by Puerto Rico Tourism Company
- Successfully completed Dealer course
- Knowledge of Casino rules, regulations and procedures required
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Conduct Table Game activities in compliance with all applicable requirements of the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Assist with and verify table fills and table credits.
- Responsible for gaming table opening/closing procedures.
- Control the table inventory.
- Deposit patron "buy-ins" in the drop box.
- Ensure compliance with Federal currency transaction reporting requirements.
- Assist with issuing of credits upon management approval.
- Maintain gaming speed to comply with Company standards.
- Comply at all times with all Federal and local laws as they apply to this position
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 20 brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 80 countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio-distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands-delivers just that.
We are AmericInn® by Wyndham, Baymont® by Wyndham, Days Inn® by Wyndham, Dazzler® by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts® by Wyndham, Esplendor® Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham®, Howard Johnson® by Wyndham, La Quinta® Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham®, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide® by Wyndham, Super 8® by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection® by Wyndham, Travelodge® by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham®, Wingate by Wyndham®, Wyndham Garden®, Wyndham Grand® and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 15,000 team members worldwide.
Our Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.Job Location:
Rio Mar Beach Grand Resort, 6000 Rio Mar Blvd, Rio Grande, Puerto Rico 00745
Employment Status: Full-time