Wyndham Grand is now seeking a Casino Cage Cashier to join our team at the Rio Mar Beach Grand Resort location in Rio Grande, Puerto Rico.Job Summary
The Cage Cashier, which may also be referred to as Front Window Cashier, Fill Bank Cashier or Marker Bank Cashier, is responsible for controlling his/her individual bankroll during their assigned shift. He/She also prepares the summary of all receipts and disbursements made during the shift.Education & Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Bilingual required
- Must be licensed by Puerto Rico Tourism Company
- Knowledge of casino rules, regulations and procedures required
- Previous cashier or bank teller experience preferred
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Safeguard cage bankroll.
- Receive and return imprest amount of cash and cash equivalents from Cage Supervisor.
- Exchange patron chips for cash.
- Cash checks upon approval of credit and proper identification.
- Process table fills and table credits to table games.
- Process jackpots/hopper fills for slot machines.
- Process front money deposits and withdrawals for patron at Cage.
- Ensure compliance with Federal currency transaction reporting requirements.
- Adhere to regulatory, departmental and company policies.
- Comply at all times with Federal and local laws as they apply to this position.
- Must comply with all Front Window, Fill Bank and Marker Bank responsibilities as stated in SOP.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 20 brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 80 countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio-distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands-delivers just that.
We are AmericInn® by Wyndham, Baymont® by Wyndham, Days Inn® by Wyndham, Dazzler® by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts® by Wyndham, Esplendor® Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham®, Howard Johnson® by Wyndham, La Quinta® Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham®, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide® by Wyndham, Super 8® by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection® by Wyndham, Travelodge® by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham®, Wingate by Wyndham®, Wyndham Garden®, Wyndham Grand® and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 15,000 team members worldwide.
Our Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.Job Location:
Rio Mar Beach Grand Resort, 6000 Rio Mar Blvd, Rio Grande, Puerto Rico 00745
Employment Status: Full-time