Position at Gateway Casinos The Gateway to Your Future
In this key role, you will be on the front lines handling cash and voucher transactions with patrons directly, as well as in the main bank helping internal customers. You will also deliver a high level of customer service, support to staff, and provide accurate reports. The Security Supervisor maintains a presence, patrols gaming and guest activity; conducts door duty and crowd control, and escorts guests and employees as required. You will perform a number of varying duties throughout your shift, including accurately managing the drop, count, transfer, and balancing of financial assets at the gaming site.We Provide
- Full benefits package for full-time employees
- Retirement savings plan
- Exciting, supportive and fun work environment
- Family and friends discounts on travel, tech, food, beverage, and fitness
- Development and training opportunities
What You Bring
- Counts and verifies opening and closing floats for all coin, currency, chips, and lottery items.
- Accurately retrieve, sort, count and reconcile daily monetary receipts and deposits.
- Exchanges foreign currency and traveler's cheques for cash, redeems chips for cash, and exchanges large Canadian currency for smaller bills.
- Counts and physically lays out cash and value chips according to established company policies and procedures.
- Records transactions in Casino Management Software and verifies printed reports.
- Keep work areas clean and free of safety hazards, debris and litter.
- Perform all job duties in a safe and responsible manner.
- Adhere to departmental quality standards.
- Perform other related and compatible duties as assigned.
Why Work for Us?
- A professional and welcoming energy for guests and your team.
- Ability to add and multiply; balance floats/spreadsheets.
- Proven high level of Customer Service.
- Minimum 6 months of cash handling experience.
- Registration as a Category 2 Gaming Assistant with the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario.
- Ability to pull, lift, and carry objects such as a cashier tray and can transport a heavy cart.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Good manual dexterity to accurately handle cash, tickets, and chips.
Gateway celebrates and empowers our team members, who make it all possible. A career at Gateway means working with great people, being recognized for your unique contribution and career advancement opportunities across our 27 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs while working in a dynamic and fun environment. See for yourself what it's like to be on a team that values your vision, skill and energy. Get to Know Gateway
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited ("Gateway") is one of the largest and most diversified gaming and entertainment companies in Canada. Across its 27 gaming properties in British Columbia, Ontario and Edmonton, Alberta, Gateway currently employs approximately 8,648 people and boasts approximately 448 table games (including 49 poker tables), 13,887 slots, 85 restaurants and bars and 561 hotel rooms. Gateway is the service provider for the Central, Southwest and North gaming Bundles in Ontario, which includes 11 properties in their portfolio. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, dramatically improving the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. Some of Gateway's proprietary brands include Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley's Club. In 2017, Gateway celebrated 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada. Further information is available at www.gatewaycasinos.com. Apply Now!
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages!
Gateway is a proud equal opportunity employer and dedicates itself to Respect, Integrity, Team-Work and Exceptional Customer Service. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free candidate experience and work environment. If you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.