WHY JOIN OUR CORNHUSKER HOSPITALITY TEAM?
- Free Associate Meals
- Flexible Schedules
- C ompetitive pay rates - Average $10 to $20 per hour
- Tailored uniforms are provided
- Excellent employee discounts with Marriott Hotels & Marcus Hotels & Resorts properties
- The hospitality industry offers unlimited opportunities for career advancement
- $500 Hiring Bonus after 90 days
We only hire those who are at the top of their game and specialize in the details! Guests tell us that they love to visit our property, as a place to connect, celebrate and be inspired! Our teams deliver magic, day in and day out. Now is the opportunity to be a part of something meaningful! VIDEO TOUR : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50WLNfF-aI4&sns=em
Apply now! We are looking forward to getting to know you better!
EOE / M / F/ D / V Cafe Server - Part-time
To provide food and/or beverage service to include order taking and delivery of menu items in a friendly, courteous, helpful, timely, and professional manner.
1. Check station before, during, and after shift for proper set-up and cleanliness. Maintain condition and cleanliness of work area.
2. Greet guest in a friendly and courteous manner and highlight any specials and/or restaurant promotions.
3. Become server certified through steps of service training, which includes recording the details of the order from the guests, repeating the order to the guest to check for accuracy, and utilizing the guest's name as much as possible.
4. Input the order into the Point of Sale computer to inform the kitchen of the specifications.
5. Retrieve order weighing up to 30 lbs. from kitchen, confirm its accuracy, lift and deliver to guest along with appropriate condiments. Abide by all State, Federal, and Corporate liquor regulations pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages.
6. Maintain a positive attitude throughout shift.
7. Work as a team player and assist co-workers as needed.
8. Replenish beverages as necessary and check with guests for overall satisfaction.
9. Market and serve upon request any dessert items or specialty coffees.
10. Present check to guests promptly.
11. Collect payment for check. Thank guest and invite them to return.
12. Responsible for bussing, clearing and resetting tables.
13. Perform all assigned side work, including but not limited to replenishing condiments and restocking service areas.
14. Perform any general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned to adhere to health standards.
15. Maintain self-banking procedures.
16. Follow all Marcus Hotels and Resorts policies and procedures, Marriott Standards, and Information Protection procedures.
17. Promote excellent guest/associate rapport by responding and completing all requests promptly, efficiently, and courteously.
18. Attend all scheduled mandatory Food and Beverage Department meetings, trainings and hotel meetings.
19. Perform all other related duties and special projects as requested and/or assigned.
1. High School Diploma preferred.
2. No experience required. Prior hospitality, restaurant and/or customer service experience preferred.
3. Knowledge of appropriate table settings and proper set-up preferred.
4. Ability to respond quickly and accurately to guest requests.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS (continued):
5. Ability to handle multiple tasks quickly and efficiently.
6. Ability to maintain standards for service, steps of service and all departmental standards.
7. Ability to recite and promote a variety of menu items.
8. Dependable and reliable to meet the demands of a 24 hour operation with flexibility to work a varied schedule to include days, evenings, weekends, holidays and the ability to work under pressure.
9. Attention to detail.
10. Ability to effectively deal with guest and employee concerns in a friendly and positive manner. This involves listening to the nature of concern, demonstrating empathy with the customer and providing positive and proactive solutions.
11. Excellent interpersonal, listening and communication skills to include the ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English Language to understand menus, special promotions, record orders, and communicate with guests to explain orders
12. Must be able to lift, push, pull and or carry up to 30 lbs. transporting large trays through a crowded room on a continuous basis throughout shift.
13. Ability to stand and move throughout continuously to perform essential job functions
14. Ability to operate a keyboard and learn Point of Sale procedures to pre-check order and close out the check.
15. Ability to self-motivate during slow periods.
16. Cash handling experience preferred.
17. Ability to inform and direct guests to events throughout the hotel.
18. Ability to obtain and maintain an active Lancaster County Food Handler as well as any additional training / certification requirements per Marcus Hotels & Resorts, Marriott and Lancaster County.
19. Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
20. Must be able to represent the company in a professional, well-groomed and courteous manner.