Summary of Position:
Serve guests, bread, water and butter upon their arrival, and provide refills as needed. Remove used tableware between courses; clear and reset tables after guests leave. Duties & Responsibilities :
- Obtain service area assignment at the beginning of each shift.
- Promptly greet guests as they are seated and bring bread, butter and water to table.
- Remove used tableware between courses and provide tableware for next course.
- Clear tables after guests.
- Take soiled tableware to dish room and unload, sort and stack silverware, dishes, glassware, etc. in designated areas in the soiled dish drop off area.
- Between sittings promptly clean table tops, chairs and booths. Check floor and clean as required. Reset and arrange tabletop.
- Respond appropriately to guest requests. Communicate guest requests to server as needed.
- Communicate with server and hostess to assure efficient seating, table utilization and customer service.
- Assist server as needed with food delivery, especially with large parties and during peak periods.
- Thank guests as they are leaving
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
- No previous restaurant experience required.
- Have working knowledge of the predominant language(s) of our guests.
- Be able to lift up to 50 Lbs. reach, bend and stoop.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 5 hours).
See Job Description.