Job Opportunity: 1-Year Term - Building Operator
The Calgary TELUS Convention Centre is looking to hire a Building Operator for a 1-year term in the Facility Operations Division. Reporting to the Senior Engineer, this term position is involved in the operation and maintenance of the utility plants and buildings and providing excellent customer service to clients, guests and staff in a timely and professional manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform functional checks on mechanical, electrical and HVAC system;
- Perform equipment checks and make adjustments where required to maintain parameters;
- Maintain and operate the building automation system;
- Conduct water analysis and chemical treatment of open and closed systems;
- Perform lighting, door and washroom checks and repairs,
- Take monthly inventory of chemical and lighting stock and order stock to replenish supply;
- Perform water meter checks and backup humidity and power meter consumption files;
- Perform preventative maintenance and breakdown maintenance of equipment including complete teardown and inspection of all boilers, fan units, unit heaters and alarm systems;
- Assist contractors as required, ensuring that standards, and policies and procedures are met;
- Perform general housekeeping and maintenance of engineering and mechanical areas;
- Assist the Electrician with repairs to the electrical system and with tradeshow booth setup involving delivery and setup of electrical cords and panels, removing and ensuring proper storage of same, and installing and disconnecting water and compressed air services;
- Maintain the sprinkler systems and fire alarm monitoring system;
- Repair and maintain commercial kitchen equipment;
- Perform shut-down of utilities and emergency equipment services;
- Make arrangements for elevator and escalator repairs and maintenance;
- Perform drain treatments in washrooms;
- Respond to service calls in a timely and efficient manner; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Individuals interested in applying for this position can submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 30, 2021.