WHY JOIN OUR CORNHUSKER HOSPITALITY TEAM?
- Free Associate Meals
- Flexible Schedules
- C ompetitive pay rates - Starting at $14 per hour
- Tailored uniforms are provided
- Excellent employee discounts with Marriott Hotels & Marcus Hotels & Resorts properties
- The hospitality industry offers unlimited opportunities for career advancement
- $200 Associate Referral Bonus Program
We only hire those who are at the top of their game and specialize in the details! Guests tell us that they love to visit our property, as a place to connect, celebrate and be inspired! Our teams deliver magic, day in and day out. Now is the opportunity to be a part of something meaningful! VIDEO TOUR : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50WLNfF-aI4&sns=em
Apply now! We are looking forward to getting to know you better!
EOE / M / F/ D / V Breakfast Cook for The Cafe At the Cornhusker/Full-time
Responsible for maintaining and setting up food production and quality control of all meat, fish, fowl, sauces, stocks, seasonings, and other food items prepared in a specific station.
1. Prepare all station specific food items according to standard recipes and/or as specified on guest check to ensure consistency of product to the guest.
2. Maintain high quality level of food production and presentation.
3. Visually inspects appearance of all food for proper taste, color combination, and overall presentation to maintain appeal.
4. Check and control the proper storage of product (stocks and sauces needing special attention), and portion control size.
5. Keep all refrigeration, storage and working areas in clean, sanitized and working condition to comply with Health Department regulations.
6. Responsible for set up station, breakdown, and all necessary advance prep.
7. Put all food away that has been requisitioned from storeroom.
8. Ensure coolers are cleaned, organized and locked after work is finished.
9. Represent the hotel with professionalism and decorum.
10. Attend all scheduled mandatory Department meetings, trainings and hotel meetings.
11. Follow all Marcus Hotels and Resorts policies and procedures and Marriott Standards.
12. Attend all scheduled mandatory Department meetings, trainings and hotel meetings.
13. Perform all other related duties and special projects as requested and/or assigned.
1. Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
2. High school diploma preferred.
3. Culinary or Apprenticeship program preferred.
4. Sufficient manual dexterity of hand in order to use all kitchen equipment, i.e., knives, spoons, spatulas, tongs, slicers, etc.
5. Cooking experience required 1-2 years in a similar position.
6. Good working knowledge of accepted safety and sanitation standards.
7. Extensive experience with slicers, mixers, grinders, food processors, etc.
8. Thorough knowledge of food products, standard recipes, and proper preparation.
9. Working in specified work area with high levels of noise and frequent interruptions.
10. Basic mathematical skills necessary to understand recipes, measurements, requisition amounts, and portion sizes.
11. Ability to perform duties in confined spaces within extreme temperature ranges.
12. Ability to grasp, lift, and/or carry, or otherwise move goods weighing up to 100 lbs. on a continuous schedule.
13. Ability to stand and/or walk continuously perform essential functions for an extended period of time.
14. Must be able to work a varied schedule to include days, evenings, weekends, holidays and the ability to work under pressure.
15. Must be able to represent the company in a professional, well-groomed and courteous manner.
16. Excellent interpersonal, listening and communication skills to include the ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English Language.
17. Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations; distinguish product, taste, texture, and presentation; and observe preparation.
18. Ability to obtain and maintain an active Lancaster County Food Handler Certification as well as any additional training / certification requirements per Marcus Hotels / Resorts, Marriott and Lancaster County.
Equal Opportunity Employer