JOB OVERVIEW: Prepare food items in accordance with production requirements and quality standards while maintaining a safe, sanitary work environment.
ESSENTIAL COOK JOB FUNCTIONS:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare food of consistent quality following recipe cards and production and portion standards, per check from servers.
- Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not to over prepare estimated needs.
- Date all food containers and rotate as per Crescent standards, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures.
- Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up. Note any out-of stock items or possible shortages. Assist in keeping buffet stocked.
- Return all food items not used on next shift to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables.
- Assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems, control food waste, loss and usage per Crescent standards.
- Operate, maintain and properly clean deep fryer, broiler, stove, steamer, food processor, mixer, slicer, oven steam table, tilt kettle, waffle iron and flat top grill.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Set up the daily Breakfast Buffet as assigned.
- Maintain a clean buffet and dining area.
- Wipe dining tables as guest depart.
- Monitor, cook and stock breakfast items throughout the shift.
- Follow all food, health and safety procedures at all times including wearing gloves while handling food and washing hands regularly.
- Stock designated supply of silverware, glassware, chinaware and other equipment for service.
- Monitor and maintain correct temperature of food at all times.
- Partner with vendors to place orders for supplies keeping within budget and maintaining brand standards.
- Remain professional in appearance and conduct at all times.
- Wash, dry and stock dishes.
- Ensure smooth guest service each morning.
- Complete closing duties as directed.
- Maintain checkbook, entering every purchase order into the checkbook as directed.
- Accountable for actions and decisions.
- Clean up any spills immediately.
- Clean and sanitize service lines, beverage dispensing equipment and other equipment as directed.
- Communicate with management issues regarding safety and service in a timely manner.
- Respond in a courteous and prompt manner to all guest questions and/or concerns.
- Understand and respond to customers’ needs and ensure a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Support NHS’s open-door communication policy.
Required Skills and Experience
- Background in food and beverage service preferred but not required.
- Ability to carry multiple dishes at one time.
- High level of organization and time management skills.
- Excellent guest service skills.
- Highly energetic and motivated individual.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with strong customer/client focus essential.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Ability to shift and manage multiple priorities.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Finger/hand dexterity in order to operate food machinery. Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move goods weighing a maximum of 100 lbs. on a continuous schedule.
Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with Crescent staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every Crescent associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something.
Safety & Security:
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to Crescent. Every Crescent associate should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures, particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associate’s supervisor.
Furthermore, this description is subject to change, in the sole discretion of the Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, at all times, an “at will” associate.
See Job Description.