Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands, legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas, London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com . Location
Situated at the end of famed Canal Street, The Westin New Orleans offers stunning views of the mighty Mississippi River and the French Quarter. Guests are just steps from the Shops at Canal Place and Harrah's Casino and a short walk to the excitement of Bourbon Street and the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center. The hotel features 462 rooms and suites, including a Presidential Suite, with Westin's signature Heavenly® bedding, 34,000-sq-ft of event space, a fully equipped WestinWORKOUT fitness center, a lobby bar Observatory 11 with the best view of the French Quarter anywhere, and a new restaurant Bistro at the Bend. Employment Status
The Bellperson/Valet is responsible for assisting guests with luggage upon arrival and departure and accommodating guests during their stay in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner. Parking guest vehicles is also required. Responsibilities
- Load and unload luggage carts.
- Organize and deliver luggage for tour groups
- Escort guests to rooms and familiarize them with hotel services.
- Inspect guest's room to ensure it is in order and that supplies are adequate.
- Explain features of the room including operation of electronic devices and entertainment.
- Check/store luggage for arrivals and departures with luggage tags.
- Store, track, and deliver packages as needed.
- Deliver messages to meeting rooms.
- Deliver flowers, laundry, packages and other amenities to guestrooms.
- Assist with room changes.
- Maintain current listing of local and area attractions, special events and activities.
- Maintain list of local transportation guides, churches, sports arenas, etc.
- Assist Houseperson with guest requests.
- Ensure lobby reader board is correct.
- Provide information, maps and directions as required.
- Where applicable answer console to assist front desk agents.
- Show guestrooms and suites as needed and emphasize the hotel's amenities.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Driving and parking guest vehicles.