Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands, legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas, London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com . Location
Situated at the end of famed Canal Street, The Westin New Orleans offers stunning views of the mighty Mississippi River and the French Quarter. Guests are just steps from the Shops at Canal Place and Harrah's Casino and a short walk to the excitement of Bourbon Street and the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center. The hotel features 462 rooms and suites, including a Presidential Suite, with Westin's signature Heavenly® bedding, 34,000-sq-ft of event space, a fully equipped WestinWORKOUT fitness center, a lobby bar Observatory 11 with the best view of the French Quarter anywhere, and a new restaurant Bistro at the Bend. Employment Status
The Bellperson/Valet is responsible for assisting guests with luggage upon arrival and departure and accommodating guests during their stay in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner. Parking guest vehicles is also required. Responsibilities
- Load and unload luggage carts.
- Organize and deliver luggage for tour groups
- Escort guests to rooms and familiarize them with hotel services.
- Inspect guest's room to ensure it is in order and that supplies are adequate.
- Explain features of the room including operation of electronic devices and entertainment.
- Check/store luggage for arrivals and departures with luggage tags.
- Store, track, and deliver packages as needed.
- Deliver messages to meeting rooms.
- Deliver flowers, laundry, packages and other amenities to guestrooms.
- Assist with room changes.
- Maintain current listing of local and area attractions, special events and activities.
- Maintain list of local transportation guides, churches, sports arenas, etc.
- Assist Houseperson with guest requests.
- Ensure lobby reader board is correct.
- Provide information, maps and directions as required.
- Where applicable answer console to assist front desk agents.
- Show guestrooms and suites as needed and emphasize the hotel's amenities.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Driving and parking guest vehicles.
- High School diploma or equivalent required and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Must have a valid driver's license for the applicable state. (If applicable)
- Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
For California Applicants Only
Highgate Hotels, L.P. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains the policy of recruiting and retaining the best-qualified personnel who demonstrate the ability to perform competently and work well with others. It is the policy of Highgate Hotels to provide equal employment opportunity regardless of race (including traits historically or culturally associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress and religious grooming), color, age (40 and over), genetic information, disability (mental and physical), medical condition (as defined under state law), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under section 12801.9 of the California Vehicle Code), ancestry, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression), sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, parental status, domestic partner status, citizenship status, pregnancy (including perceived pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or pregnancy-related conditions), military caregiver status, military status, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. This policy of nondiscrimination is applied to all aspects of the employment relationship. The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and applicable state and local laws in ensuring equal opportunity and employment for qualified persons with disabilities. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.