This is the job description for BARTENDER.
Job Title: Bartender
Department: Food & Beverage
Company: Dimension Development
Reports To: Lounge Manager, Assistant GM, Dir of F&B, Restaurant Manager
Job Purpose: To mix and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages to patrons of beverage outlets, following standard recipes, and to promote food sales.
1. Mix ingredients, such as liquor, soda, water, sugar and bitters to prepare cocktails and other drinks.
2. Serve wine draught, bottled beer, non-alcoholic beverages and food.
3. Collect money for drinks served.
4. Orders and requisitions liquors and supplies. Stock and replenish glasses, beverages, mixes, fruit, and guest
5. Place bottled goods and glasses to make an attractive display.
6. Wash glasses, bar, and equipment.
7. Slice and pit fruit for garnishing drinks; prepare appetizers, such as pickles, cheese and cold meats.
8. Take the initiative to greet guests in a friendly and warm manner.
9. If functioning in a Lead Capacity: (a) take responsibility for assigned associates in the absence of the Supervisor,
(b) assign work, and ensure proper performance of assigned associates.
10. Other duties as assigned.
1. Use arithmetic to total costs and make change.
2. Communicate with different kinds of people to find out what services they want and to give them information.
3. Stand or walk for varying lengths of time, sometimes for long periods.
4. Move fingers and hands easily and quickly to handle dishes, money, merchandise, etc. Lift and carry heavy
items, such as trays.
Education: HS Diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Previous bartending experience preferred.
Licenses/Certifications: Must have TIPS certification and meet state law age requirements for tending bar.
Physical Requirements: Ability to speak and hear in English. Close and distanc25vision. Frequent sitting with some walking and standing. Frequently lifts/carries up to 25 lbs. Continual use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills.
Additional physical, visual and working condition requirements:
X Identify and distinguish colors
X Outdoor weather conditions
X Stand for long periods of time
X Walk extended distances
X Lift/carry 6-25 lbs.
X Able to work overtime and/or irregular hours Near risk of electrical shock
X Near loud noises
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the requirements of the job, management reserves the right to add or remove duties from particular jobs when business need dictates.