The Bartender is responsible for preparing food and drink orders serving beverages and meals to patrons as regulated by state and federal age requirements and coordinating lounge/bar activities
- Checks identification of customers to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol.
- Presents menu answers questions and takes food and beverage orders from guests and/or serving staff.
- Prepares drink orders including wine liquor and beer.
- Prepare appetizers and food items according to recipes and standards.
- Monitors seating in lounge/bar area ensuring all guests are served.
- Computes bill and accepts payment; tracks and balances sales receipts.
- Attempts to limit problems and liability related to customers' excessive drinking by taking steps such as discontinuing alcohol service and notifying management of potential problem(s).
- Clean bars work areas and tables as well as glasses utensils and bar equipment.
- Maintains kitchen and lounge station by keeping area tidy; clean and stock kitchen and bar at the end of each shift.
- Plan organize and control the operations of the lounge/bar area.
- Slice and pit fruit for garnishing drinks.
- Arrange bottles and glasses to make attractive displays.
- Create drink recipes.
- Inventories liquor food supplies and equipment weekly. Order or requisition supplies as needed.
- Ensures all temp logs and waste logs are maintained daily.
- Receives dates and examines foodstuffs and supplies to ensure quality and quantity meet established standards and specifications.
- Ensures tips are reported properly for tax processing.
- Other duties as assigned.