Primarily responsible for serving both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages for the Café, Bar, Lounge, Strand and In-Suite Dining outlets. Essential Job Functions
Education, Experience and Skill Requirement
- Prepares both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages according to Carillon Miami Wellness Resort a recipes and standards.
- Prepares beverages only after items have been rung in through the POS system.
- Washes and sterilizes glasses.
- Prepares garnishes for drinks.
- Maintains bottles and glasses in an attractive and functional manner to support efficient drink preparation.
- Maintains cleanliness in all areas of the bar including counters, sinks, utensils, shelves, and storage areas.
- Creates requisitions to return bar to par at end of night.
- Reports all equipment problems and bar maintenance to management.
- Assists in the restocking and replenishment of bar inventory and supplies.
- Adheres to responsible alcohol service guidelines.
- Ready and willing to assist fellow servers and/or server assistants as situations arise.
- Available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by management.
- Adheres to Carillon Miami Wellness Resort standards for guest service.
- Refers guest problems or complaints to supervisor according to Carillon Miami Wellness Resort's guest problem resolution policy.
- Reports and documents any observed or known safety hazards, conditions or unsafe practices and procedures to management immediately.
- Performs other job-related duties as directed.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have at least 3-4 years' experience as a bartender in a high traffic restaurant.
- Must have thorough knowledge of mechanical skills necessary required to prepare and mix beverages.
- Must have working knowledge of beer, wine and liquor.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) is a plus.
- Must possess a personable, cheerful demeanor, be well groomed and be able to remain calm under pressure.
- Must possess pride in Carillon Miami Wellness Resort 's Standards of food service and be guest-service oriented.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, lunch and or dinner shifts, weekends and holidays.