Where travel converges with the Marriott hotel experience, Brilliant Travel is the result. Similarly, our Brilliant Traveler is on a journey of enhancement: of curation and synthesis...of finding what defines their travels, and themselves.
At the Marriott Denver Tech Center Hotel, a member of Sage Hospitality, you are empowered and encouraged to create memorable and positive guest experiences with every guest every day. At Sage our experience is different. We are one of the nation's leading hotel and restaurant management and investment companies. Sage has a dynamic and progressive culture, is value oriented, customer service driven and brings together a team of people passionate about making a meaningful difference every day.
The Denver Marriott Tech Center features 605 guest rooms, over 49,000 square foot of meetings space, and a local Beer Garden. Located in the heart of the Denver Tech Center there is easy access to the light rail taking you right into Downtown Denver. It's also near Denver Tech Center's top attractions, including activities in Greenwood Village, Comedy Works, the Landmark Theater & Village Greens Park.
Come join us at the Marriott Denver Tech Center and become part of a diverse and dynamic team!
In your role at the Marriott Denver Tech Center, you will be enriching the lives of our fellow team members and our guests' one experience at a time. You play an important role in being a "Host" for our hotel by creating meaningful connections, responding to cues, and making it brilliant Job Overview
The Barista is the foundation of the café. The Barista is responsible for honoring each and every customer by providing excellent customer service and a high-quality product. The Barista is a true professional that displays a positive attitude at all times to ensure the return of our customers who are the reason for our business.Responsibilities
- Develops enthusiastically satisfied customers all of the time.
- Provides quality beverages consistently for all customers
- Maintains Quality store operations
- Contributes to store profitability
- Takes responsibility to learn all aspects of the barista position
High school education or equivalent experience.Experience
Previous experience in a customer service role strongly preferred.Knowledge/Skills
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to hear timers and coordinate with other baristas.
- Must be able to check food quality and read production charts/recipes.
- Ability to interact with guests in a positive, hospitable manner.
- Must be able to use the cash register/collect money with accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English.
- Position regularly involves lifting product cases weighing up to 70 lbs.
- Pushing and pulling carts is required. Regular bending to lift items and supplies. No kneeling.
- Mobility - regularly moves all around the coffee shop. Continuous standing
Physically strenuous -prolonged standing, walking, lifting and carrying throughout entire shift in indoor environment.