The Post Oak Hotel at Uptown Houston
The Post Oak Hotel at Uptown Houston is seeking a Barback to join our team. We hire individuals that are committed to providing a remarkable guest experience and changing the standard of luxury. If your skills and talents are a match for our needs, we can open the door to growth and leadership opportunities.What we offer you:
What you can expect to do:
- Multiple benefit plans to suit your needs
- Paid Vacation
- Opportunities for advancement
- Positive and respectful work environment where diversity is valued
- Generous employee discounts
- Community volunteer opportunities with Landry's League
- Be familiar with all standards of performance excellence and adhere to these standards throughout our guests' experience.
- Set up and maintain cleanliness and condition of bar, bar unit, tables, and other tools. Transport supplies to bar set-up area.
- Prepare fresh garnishes for drinks. Stock ice, glassware, and paper supplies. Restock bar with liquor and supplies
- Wash soiled glassware. Remove soiled wares from bar top and tables and place in designated area
- Anticipate and communicate replenishment needs.
- Secure liquors, beers, wines, coolers, cabinets, and storage areas. Complete closing duties
- Report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; complete safety training and certifications.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional. Professional Grooming and Appearance.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Support all Colleagues and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
- Assist with moving, lifting, carrying, and placing of objects weighing in excess of 50 pounds.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift. Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e. g., small print).
- Speak with others using clear and professional language, and answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Maintain a positive image and energy.
- Be knowledgeable about The Post Oak and its services.
- Ability to carry food and beverage trays safely and professionally.
- A sincere desire to provide the utmost in guest service.
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills, strong attention to detail and listen effectively.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, holidays with strong schedule flexibility to accommodate needs of the operation.