Situated in Downtown's Second Street District, Austin Proper Hotel and Residences is the newest luxury lifestyle hotel in Austin, just steps from Lady Bird Lake, the legendary Austin City Limits music venue and nearby boutiques. With inspiring interiors by Kelly Wearstler and culinary offerings in collaboration with McGuire Moorman Hospitality, Austin Proper offers 244 rooms and suites, a dedicated spa and fitness center, and 14,000 square feet of meeting and event spaces, including a rooftop pool deck offering small-batch tequilas and majestic lake views. Anything less just wouldn't be Proper.
The Barback will assist with cleaning the bar, ensuring the bar is well stocked, preparing garnishes etc. This person should be knowledgeable about the menu and focused on providing quality service in a fast-paced environment.
• Assist with opening and closing duties
• Greet guests in a warm and friendly manner
• Ensure Bartenders are properly stocked with clean glassware and supplies
• Collect used glasses and plates
• Keep the bar clean by wiping, cleaning, and mopping
• Attend to any guest requests and relay to servers, bartenders and managers when needed
• Ensure items are stocked properly
• 1 years' experience as a Barback in a restaurant, bar or lounge
• Excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills
• Willing to learn and take direction well
• Flexible schedule - Willing and able to work shift duties that may include evenings, weekends and holidays
Proper Hospitality is made up of a diverse group of passionate individuals who share a common love for hotels and the art of hospitality. Our philosophy is simple: There is a right way to do things and anything less just isn't proper. We are seeking out the "best of the best" from inside and outside of the industry to work alongside us as we grow a new kind of lifestyle Hospitality Company inspired by a centuries-old tradition. The work is challenging and fast-paced, but rewarding above all.
Proper Hospitality provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, genetics, or any other federal/state protected category.
Proper Hospitality will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local Fair Chance Hiring Ordinances.