As a Banquet Cook III, you will support and assist the Banquet Chef in the banquet kitchen operation. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, assisting in the preparation of food items for all Banquet meals and visually inspecting all food products to be served to ensure they all meet the quality standards set out by departmental and resort management. He/she is also responsible for assisting in ensuring the cleanliness, sanitation and safety in the kitchen, and storage areas while minimizing waste and maximizing cost/production ratio. QUALIFICATION STANDARDSEDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
: High School diploma or GED equivalent required. At least 1 year of related progressive experience as a culinary graduate and/or at least 1 year of progressive culinary experience in a hotel banquets facility or related field.LICENSE/PERMITS REQUIRED
: State or Local Law may require a certificate upon completion of state-certified proper food handling certification. ServSafe® certification is a plus.KNOWLEDGE OF COMPUTER HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE
: Operating knowledge of food management systems is helpful.
Kitchen equipment to be operated, but not limited to are: Flat grill, Pasta well, Steam table, Browning oven, Cheese chopper/grater, Steam jacket, Ovens, Top Burners, Pizza and Dessert Cooler, Slicer, Broiler, Steamer, and Knives.PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- 1 + years experience in a high-volume Banquet production kitchen is preferred.
- Must be able to communicate, read, write, and speak English effectively.
- Ability to calculate figures amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Excellent interpersonal service skills and organizational skills to plan time effectively.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment, work under pressure and meet deadlines with particular attention to detail.
- Ability to get along well with others, to demonstrate flexibility and patience, to work as a member of a team.
- Must be able to work in a stationary position for long periods of times (up to 8 hours).
- Must be able to work and be flexible with all shifts, weekends, and holidays.
- Must possess the ability to access all areas of the kitchen, the ability to move frequently & freely about facility.
- Must be able to withstand prolonged standing, stretching, bending, kneeling, lifting and carrying items weighing up to 50 lbs. without restriction.
- Must be able to work in close quarters or small rooms and is occasionally exposed to hot, cold, wet and/or humid condition.
- Work environmental factors include noise, dust, and smoke.
- Ability to participate in off-property food and beverage events, trade shows, and special events as needed.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & FUNCTIONS:
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the issues raised by Associates, Supervisors, Department Heads, Senior Management, and guests.
- Ability to be a clear thinker, analyze and resolve problems exercising good judgment.
- Make independent decisions while maintaining strong ethical standards consistent with company policy, rules and the ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger. Collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Adhere to HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point)guidelines to ensure efficient, safe and sanitary food production, preparation and presentation.
- Ensure banquet items are completed on time and check with Banquet Manager or Supervisor for time, cover count or any other changes.
- Assist with the setup and breakdown of buffets and kitchen line, ensuring proper storage of food and equipment at the end of each meal/event.
- Aid in the security of food items; ensure the meat locker, storerooms and walk-ins are locked when not in use.
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly, and courteous service at all times.
- Ensure that all food and beverage products are consistently prepared and served according to the banquet facility recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the culinary preventative maintenance programs.
- Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the kitchen areas, associates and guests.
- Participate in training classes and Daily Promise shift meetings.