Since 1947, The Colony Palm Beach has been the center of Palm Beach social life hosting-- U.S. Presidents, European Royalty and discriminating travelers from around the world. Be part of a historic, luxury boutique hotel exhibiting polished charm and ambiance only steps away from world-famous shopping and dining on Worth Avenue and the crystal blue waters of the Atlantic Ocean.
For more information visit http://thecolonypalmbeach.com
. The Colony Palm Beach is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Work Place.Job Overview
: Responsible for the setup and breakdown of furnishings and equipment for banquet, catering and special event functions in compliance with company policies and procedures to ensure efficiency and to exceed guest and meeting planner satisfaction.
Essential Job Functions:
- Set up the banquet facilities according to function sheet requirements in a timely manner.
- Transport and set up tables, chairs, and other equipment, drape tables, set glassware and silverware, fold napkins, prepare drinks and place table centerpieces.
- Set up buffet and food and beverage stations, inspect for cleanliness and functionality prior to opening for guests.
- Attend pre-function meetings and review all information pertinent to set-up and service of the group.
- Maintain complete knowledge of service requirements for assigned functions:
- Floor plans;
- Groups' names and background;
- Type of functions and expected attendance/guarantee numbers;
- Scheduled hours of service;
- Special requests/arrangements;
- Audio Visual requirements;
- Order of service, traffic flow in room;
- Properly clean and fill table complements (salt and pepper, sugar, breadbaskets, etc.)
- Refresh meeting rooms as needed.
- Break down the setup, transport and store tables, chairs, remove soiled linens, centerpieces and banquet equipment after all functions and place equipment back in its proper storage.
- Return all food to the kitchen. Break down and properly store designated condiments (butters, cream, dressings, etc.).
- Assist kitchen stewards, when needed.
- Transport dirty linen to correct area to be cleaned, separate napkins from tablecloths, and restock linen shelves with clean linens.
- Maintain the highest standards of cleanliness and sanitation throughout the banquet function space, pre-function space, and storage areas to include the floor, carpet, walls, walks, doors, windows, heating/air conditioning units, etc. Bring any deficiencies to the attention of a Captain or Manager.
- Maintain the banquet storeroom in a neat and organized manner stocked with any and all appropriate supplies necessary for meetings or food service functions.
- Adhere to local and government compliance with health and safety regulations to ensure a clean and safe work environment for guests and employees.
- Maintain knowledge of all safety and emergency procedures and is aware of accident prevention policies. Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to the supervisor or manager.
- Remain, at all times, attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
- Ensure that the appropriate level of confidentiality and security for all guest and company information is achieved, aiding in creating a feeling of comfort and confidence for guests.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing proper uniform and a name tag when working.
- Notify Loss Prevention immediately of found items if guest has departed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Assist with inventories as assigned.
- Assist with special and deep cleaning projects as assigned by a supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.Qualifications:
- 6 months experience in a banquet setup position.
- Proficient with reading and interpreting, and following Banquet Event Orders. Understanding of floor plan descriptions.
- Knowledge of various food service styles.
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
- Availability to work holidays, weekends, evenings and periods of high demand.
- Oral Comprehension - demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension - demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Writing - communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Excellent teamwork skills and passion for hospitality.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Previous training in the hospitality industry.
- Food handling certificate.
- Fluent in a secondary language.
- Ability to maintain and follow hotel's standards, policies and procedures.
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous.
- Ability to think clearly, quickly, maintain concentration.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all guest information and pertinent hotel information.
- Ability to ensure security of storage room access and company property.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision.
- Ability to exert physical effort in assisting with amenities or transporting items.
- Ability to work cohesively with other departments and co-workers as part of a team.
- Audiovisual services knowledge.
- Previous guest relations training.
- Creative ability to decorate food tables/displays.
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking and frequently pulling, pushing, and bending.
- Continuous movement throughout the hotel banquet areas.
- Exposure to outdoor environment factors (e.g. heat, rain, wind, sun).
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms.
- Able to regularly grasp, lift and/or carry, push, pull, or otherwise, move goods weighing a maximum of 50 lbs. following appropriate safety procedures.