To provide a consistent, well designed meeting product which focuses on proper meeting table set-ups and proper set-up of various configurations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNTIONS
• Banquet Rooms set-up according to the BEO.
• Every room is detailed, cleaned and then vacuumed before the scheduled event.
• Lift, push and pull tables, chairs and stages set up for corporate, private events.
• All equipment is in proper working order, free of scratches and spots.
• Any deficiencies should be reported to Banquet Lead Supervisor.
• Move equipment in and out of meeting rooms, as requested per the guest.
• Meeting rooms are ready for guest arrival 3 hours prior to scheduled start time.
• Provide excellent customer service.
• Work closely with Catering & Sales, Banquet Servers, and the Stewarding department for delivery of excellent customer service.
• Minimum one year related experience as a houseman in a similar upscale resort/hotel/club environment preferred.
• Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
• Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
• Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Knowledge of appropriate table settings and service ware.
• Knowledge of all menu items, prices and general service procedures.
• Must possess basic computational ability.
• May be required: to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized
• Be physically able to lift, reach, bend and stoop.
• Be able to working in a standing position for long periods of time.
• Be able to safely lift bags, cases and stacks weighing up to 60 pounds.
• Be able to work a hot, cold, wet, humid and loud environment for a long period of time.
• Must be willing to work a variety of day/night and weekends.
• Must be able to work effectively in a stressful environment, communicate with others, effectively deal with customers and accept constructive criticism from supervisors.
• Must be able to change activity frequently and cope with interruptions.
Salamander is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Drug Free Workplace, and participates in E-Verify.
See job description.