The Hilton Jackson located in Jackson, Mississippi is seeking a disciplined, responsible and customer service driven Banquet Server to join their team! The Hilton Jackson is conveniently located in the business district with a variety of shops and restaurants within a quick half-mile walk. In addition to being surrounded by entertainment, the 276-room Hilton Jackson itself boasts close to 20,000 sq. ft. of event space and three restaurants/bars on-site, including the delicious and popular Drago's Seafood which offers New Orleans inspired cuisine.
Job Overview: Set up of Banquet Room and serve food and/or beverages in a friendly, courteous and professional manner according to high standards of quality.
Responsibilities and Duties:
* Set up banquet room as instructed by Banquet Captain to include linen, service-ware and glassware.
* Attend roll call meetings before events to learn function particulars, including guest and hotel expectations.
* Greet guests and respond to requests in a friendly and courteous manner.
* Serve the food and/or beverage in the order and to the expectation of the Banquet Captain to ensure consistency throughout the banquet. Promptly bus dishes as guests complete each course and/or meal at the end of the meal or function.
* Replenish beverages as necessary, and check with guests for overall satisfaction.
* Once banquet is complete, reset banquet room according to Captain's specifications to ensure the readiness of the room for the following function.
* Perform all assigned side-work to include replenishing condiments and restocking banquet shelves with supplies.
* Perform general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products, as assigned to adhere to health standards.
* Abide by all State, Federal and Corporate liquor regulations pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages to minors and intoxicated guests.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
* Knowledge of the appropriate table settings and service-ware.
* Basic knowledge of the English language sufficient to understand inquiries from customers and communicate simple instructions.
* Ability to comprehend and apply written product-labeling instructions to enable the safe application of products and processes within the hotel.
* Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
* Ability to transport up to 30 lbs. through a crowded room on a continuous basis throughout the shift.
* Ability to operate beverage equipment, e.g., coffee maker.
* Ability to speak and hear
* Close and distance vision
* Frequently walking with some standing at times, possibly extended distances; ability to bend when necessary
* Frequently lift/carry up to 25 lbs.
* Occasionally lift/carry up to 50 lbs.
* Ability to reach with hands and arms in any direction and kneel and stoop repeatedly
* Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
* Ability to obtain any government required licenses or certificate. CPR Certification and/or First Aid training preferred.
* No prior experience required. Prior hospitality experience required.
* Additional language ability preferred.