Set-up, service, and break down assigned functions in a safe, accident-free manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read BEO and know how to complete a set-up.
- Set tables in assigned area correctly and uniformly.
- Keep station neat and clean while servicing guest per established policies and procedures.
- Use proper in-room clearing and aisle tray break-down buffet or other special food service tables and equipment.
- Assist Lead Banquet Server in setting up/breaking down buffet or other special food service tables and equipment.
- Greet and serve guests following guidelines set by the policies/procedures regarding the service of food and beverage.
- Follow all guest check and money-handling procedures when serving a-la-carte and beverage orders.
- Complete assigned side work.
- Performs any other duties required or requested by Supervisor.
- Know the menu for each function served and be able to explain the major ingredients and preparation methods for each item to be served.
- Know and use "Suggestive Selling" techniques.