This is the job description for BANQUET SERVER
Job Title: Banquet Server
Company: Dimension Development
Reports To: Banquet Manager or Assistant Banquet Manager
Job Description Date: May 1, 2014
Job Purpose: To set up banquet table linens, place settings and center pieces; serve all food and beverages and clear away all dishes and table linens in a professional manner and in compliance with company policies, and legal considerations.
1. Sets up all banquet function table linens, china, silverware, glass ware, and center pieces, waiting and
beverage stations, and perishable items for banquet service (such as bread, butter, and cream).
2. Serves all food and beverages to banquet guests.
3. Clears away all dishes and items used in the service of a banquet, including the linens.
4. Ensures the proper storage of all items from equipment to perishable foods.
5. Maintains work areas in a clean and orderly fashion.
6. Prepares for future banquets by folding napkins, filling condiments, and performing other duties as required.
7. Relieves other employees allowing for breaks during the shift.
8. Takes the initiative to greet guests in a friendly and warm manner.
9. Other duties as assigned.
1. Use arithmetic to total costs and make change.
2. Communicate with different kinds of people to find out what services they want and to give them information.
3. Stand or walk for varying lengths of time, sometimes for long periods.
4. Move fingers and hands easily and quickly to handle things like dishes, money and merchandise.
5. Lift and carry things like heavy trays.
Job Qualifications: Describe the minimum qualifications needed to complete the job responsibilities.
Education HS Diploma or equivalent
Experience None required